“Lilliputian Room in an extraordinary location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #328 of 456 Hotels in New York City
Mexico City, Mexico
“Lilliputian Room in an extraordinary location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Microscopic room with even more microscopic bathroom, you need to shower sideways. Overpriced and overrated, this is not a 4 star hotel. It needs maintenance in elevators, carpets and walls. However, service is extraordinary from doorman to front desk. Location is unbeatable, just a few steps from Times Square.

Time_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Time, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Chevy10_10,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Time Hotel, and also for your feedback on your experience. The feedback provided is crucial for us to identify problems and address them. We thank you for recognizing the Time Hotel Team, for their outstanding service, and I will be sure to pass along your post. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Charlie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is overpriced and has the smallest rooms I have ever seen. We booked our room on hotwire for two people. When we arrived we got a room that was literally the size of a walk-in closet. Laying on the bed sideways, my hands touched one wall and my feet touched the other. This room was barely large enough for one person!! How do I know it was a single occupancy room? There was but one robe!!

Look elsewhere--there are better options in NYC!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Susan R,

Thank you for your review. It appears the problems you experienced stem from your booking through Hotwire. Next time I hope you book through us and we can ensure you will not face the same issues regarding the room and special requests. We will also be contacting Hotwire to let them know about how your experience adversely impacted your stay with us.

San Franciso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was a great value a perfect location - right next door to "The Book of Mormon" and easy walking distant to Time Square, other theaters and attractions. The staff was really friendly and helpful. New York hotel rooms are known for being small and cramp and although our room was on the small size the space was organized so efficiently that it didn't matter a bit. The really best thing was the bathroom had a narrow floor to ceiling cabinet with cubby holes for our toiletries. This was such a simple and effective feature, one wonders why it isn't in every hotel bathroom! Instead of having our stuff stacked up, getting wet and falling off the sink or a small vanity, all our paraphernalia was conveniently stashed away and in easy reach from my mirror, face and hair products, his and her deodorants and tooth brushes to his razor and shave cream. We will definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear 7-Divas,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed Time’s location. Like you, most of our guests are thrilled to discover that the hotel boasts one of the best addresses in NYC and is located within a short walk of all of the major attractions of the city. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and comfort our rooms provided, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I booked a 3-night say at The Time Hotel to celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary. The staff was nice enough to wish us a happy anniversary with a complimentary upgrade to the King Suite. We arrived early and they gladly took our bags to a secure storage room until our 3:00 check-in so that we could tour the city. When we got our keys to the room they brought the bags up to us. The room, for the amount of time you actually spend in there, was perfect. It was clean, spacious with no signs of bugs or anything that would make someone uncomfortable.

The hotel was in an AMAZING location for the price we paid with access to the 49th street and 50th street subways within a block of the front door. Times Square was just around the corner and you were a short walk away from such icons as Rockefeller Centre, Central Park and Grand Central.

We never visited the restaurant attached or the lounge they had there as we were too busy seeing the city. Rooms were cleaned everyday and staff always there to help if you needed it.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is interested in visiting the Big Apple and staying at a location close to all the action of Times Square. Great price, great rooms and great staff made our stay very enjoyable.

I should also add that the beds were VERY comfortable with 6 pillows! :)

Room Tip: Little street noise may bother some so bring earplugs if you need them
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Caltek,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at The Time Hotel! I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience, and we look forward to your next visit!

Happy Anniversary!

Roeland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at The Time Hotel for two days. The stay was booked using the Hotel Tonight app, very convenient for last-second hotel accommodations at a discounted rate. To be certain I was getting a deal, I called the hotel a minute prior to booking via the mobile app. The reservations desk quoted me a price that was $65/night higher than the app offering. With it being less than a block from the heart of Times Square, it's perfect for people-watching, Broadway shows and late night happenings.

The host was extremely friendly during check-in. For my room, I would consider it a "poor man's W Hotel"...unfortunately, with the focus being on "poor". The room was small, which isn't a problem given that most Manhattan rooms can be tiny. There was not any true space to store clothing. The bed was nice, but you could tell that the money was spent on stylings and not durable materials.

On both days, I found the bathroom floor soaked after my shower. I checked to make sure that it wasn't user-error after the first day.

As much as I'd like to recommend the hotel based on location and the Hotel Tonight pricing, I wouldn't consciously choose this place to stay or for a business associate. If you're looking simply for a place to lay your head while you see the city, it's not bad. But, don't expect much if you're looking for a place to relax during your stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear GW24,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to The Time Hotel. I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your recent stay. I have forwarded your response to all of our Department Heads, so that they can follow up with their teams to make the needed corrections. If there is anything else you would like to bring to our attention or discuss please do not hesitate to call The Time directly. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to The Time in the future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

When you arrive in NY you want to be able to see everything, hear everything and be able to walk to everything. This hotel is perfect for that. Yes the rooms are small but so is the cost compared to others around. It's literally on the doorstep of Times Square. The rooms are clean, staff friendly and it's just a great cozy hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Adam M,

Beersheba, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for a 7 nights during July.Hotel was very expensive.We got a tiny room we could barely breathe. There is no lobby or public space at rest.The staff were great tried to help...

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is good location at Times Square and not far from Chicago show\Theatre

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ofray,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay. I apologize for your experience and I am truly sorry that you were not satisfied. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Charlie

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!