“A glorious nights sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Time

Save Saved
You added The Time to your Saves list
The Time
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   224 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #322 of 449 hotels in New York City
Long Island
“A glorious nights sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

This hotel is very hip' with a perfect location. I found the staff to be knowledgable and courteous starting from the door man then leading up to my room. What more can I say! Oh yea, I had a very dreamy nights sleep with the fluffiest pillows and down comforter, my friends had to drag me out of bed!

• Liked — Very comfortable bed
  • Disliked — ? I'm a positive person
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends

1,253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
  • Vietnamese first
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I absolutely loved the Time Hotel...the rooms are beautiful and the staff is very nice and helpful. I also love the location, in the middle of times square...close to everything

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Valley Stream, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of girls for my bachelorette party. What a great location right in the middle of NYC what more can you ask for. Walking distance to Time Square, great restaurants and bars locally. The hotel has a great modern atmosphere and the rooms are decorated in bold colors. My room was BLUE!!! The staff at the hotel was great anything we needed from ice, toothbrushes, to wine openers. Very pleasant. The bar located in the lobby is a great place to meet with your guests and have a drink. While your there check out the seahorses they are soo adorable..even when they are sleepin at 2am. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all girls looking to stay at a hot spot in the city. Thank you Time Hotel for making my bachelorette weekend one to remember.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

I stayed in this hotel on a Friday night for a business trip. I visit NYC several times a year and this was the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed in and far from the best; it was such a disappointment. The front desk service was unacceptable and disrespectful. I never once saw a doorman; good thing I did not need a cab. The room was average, definitely not spectacular. If the rate was cheaper I would say it was an average hotel but for the price I would not recommend it. I will never stay here again unless the rate is lower a few hundred dollars.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

We really loved this hotel. We spent 7 nights there. The location is fabulous!!! It is in a central location. It was very quiet. We never heard a sound from anyone around us. We were on the 4th floor. I loved the way it was decorated. The room was small, but cozy. The staff was very helpful with everything from directions to reservations. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this hotel. We loved it and will stay there again next time we're in NYC! :o)

Stayed August 2007
Altadena
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

I was at The Time for a couple nights while on business in Times Square. Although the experience was okay, I probably will not be returning.

The service was, again, just okay. Very nice at the front desk but slow. Room service very slow.

The room itself was a typical small NYC hotel room but I was shocked to see a full-sized bed when I had specifically requested a king (my husband was with me). We ended up moving hotels because we just couldn't get comfortable in that bed and they could not move us to another room. The decor is minimalistic, which is fine, but it didn't feel very comforting.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

We booked our holiday in New York on Expedia. We like the pics of The Time hotel and were just as pleased when we arrived. The room was a nice size for NY measures. The bathroom was nice with walk in shower with TWO shower heads..one in the back and in the front!!! The decor was hip and contempoary. The flat screen HGTV was 32" ...very nice.

Dislikes: LOL the window in our room could be opened all the way with no safety feature!! Anybody ,after a few stiff drinks could jump right out and land face first in the street.
Breakfast at the hotel was continental and mediocre at best....they charged us 15USD!!!! How silly were we?!

Likes: My guy and I wanted to go to Fire Island for a day and we had no clue what the ferry schedules were...the hotel manager did a google search and printed out the ferry schedules and sent them with us she even gave us a LIRR map.
Staff was very friendly and if you asked a question they did not know they looked it up right away.

Overall this hotel was a great find and very well decorated at a very nice price.....OH and LOVED the eggs under the elevator how clever!!!!

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — expensive breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Time? Share your experiences!