“This is a wonderful Five Star Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mark

Save Saved
You added The Mark to your Saves list
The Mark
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madison Avenue at 77th Street, 25 East 77th Street, New York City, NY 10078 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
Preferred Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 456 Hotels in New York City
Newport Beach, California
“This is a wonderful Five Star Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I am a bicoastal plastic surgeon who travels between Southern CA to NYC once a month for work and pleasure. I have stayed in most of the nice hotels in NYC. The Mark hotels definitely ranks as one of the best. The staff is attentive and in-tuned to your needs. The rooms are a nice size and well appointed. The proximity to Central Park is wonderful. The hotel is also dog friendly which is incredible. (Since our dog Sammy always travels with us). I have started recommending this hotel to all my friends traveling to NYC.

Room Tip: We had a room that had studio that had a kitchen and it made the hotel room feel even more like home...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for the thoughtful review and impressive five star rating! I am so pleased to learn that you highly regard The Mark as one of the greatest hotels that New York City has to offer. It was an absolute pleasure to have you (and Sammy) stay with us, and I am delighted that you enjoyed our pet-friendly atmosphere. I cannot thank you enough for recommending The Mark to your friends and colleagues and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

When you move out of the upper east side of Manhattan and move across the country you know whenever you return you should stay at The Mark. The location is just perfect. You are near Central Park, just blocks from the Met, and wonderful shopping on Madison. It is quieter than mid-town, the staff could not be more accommodating and Sant Ambroeus is just around the corner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for allowing us to provide you with a home away from home while on your most recent trip to New York. It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback from a past resident of our neighborhood. Your compliments regarding our staff’s level of personal service and the location of our hotel won’t soon be forgotten. I greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit to The Mark.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Everything I could dream for a legendary New York staycation. Elegance, decadence and comfort in the ultimate location. Personal attention of John L made the experience unforgettable. Hotel has a European styling but New York soul. Dining and service are standouts.

• Stayed May 2014
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed her for two nights on a quick trip to NY and found the service excellent. For example: I checked out at 10am and spent a hot day walking around and came back for a 5pm limo to the airport; the staff offered me a room for 15-30 mins so that I could change clothes before heading out. The concierge was knowledgeable, pleasant and effective. My room, a larger 500sq foot room toward 77th street, was nicely appointed, with high end finishing. Very good room category.
The one small thing that I annoyed me: when I had breakfast with my daughter, they automatically added 20% tip to the check, perhaps believing we were international tourists, which we are not. It's a harassing tipping policy not worthy of such a luxury hotel. As I said, a small issue that I hope the manager will instruct the staff to abolish.

Room Tip: ask for rooms higher up, more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I spent two nights at The Mark and was extremely impressed by the quality of the staff and of the room. The room was not large, but was perfectly laid out. Particularly notable was the bathroom. In a relatively small space, they were able to fit a double vanity, a large bathtub and a separate, large, shower. The hotel was full, but there was no sense that anyone was overworked or stressed. Everyone was polite and helpful. If you want to stay on the Upper East Side, The Mark is a great choice.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor overlooking 77 St. If you wake easily, you probably want to be on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I first called to make my reservation at night (after hours) and was delightfully surprised when I spoke with Sean W. at The Mark Hotel. He was very informative and pleasant to deal with. When we arrived, we were greeted by bellmen (Dritan??) who too, seemed very professional. We checked in at the front desk with Jane and again, were greeted in a professional, welcoming manner. All of our contacts with hotel personnel were fantastic. It appeared they very much enjoy what they do and seemed to make sure our stay was perfect, which it was!!!
The room was extremely clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable (bathrobes and slippers were provided). One remote control for TV's, lighting, shades was very convenient.
Overall, a terrific, luxurious hotel with great staff. Located one block east of Central Park.
Can't wait to go back!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Olivier L, General Manager at The Mark, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the five star rating! It is wonderful to hear such positive feedback regarding our team, and I am pleased that we were able to make such a splendid first impression. It sounds like you had a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us, and I greatly appreciate your compliments about our beds and in-room technology. It is a privilege to gain your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future trips to New York!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We hosted a cocktail party for the partnership for inner city education at the Mark Hotel 6/17
It was absolutely fabulous!! The Mark couldn't have been more accommodating and looked after every detail

Room Tip: Every room is wonderful, but always nice to face west to see Central Park and the Sunset
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Mark? Share your experiences!