“Superbly friendly and helpful staff. Felt like they really knew us and cared about where we had been and were to do” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mark

Save Saved
You added The Mark to your Saves list
The Mark
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madison Avenue at 77th Street, 25 East 77th Street, New York City, NY 10078 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #24 of 449 hotels in New York City
Looe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Most hotels are impersonal but staff training here is exemplary, and all the staff were astonishingly pleasant and genuine. Very close to Central Park and Manhattan Upper East side, so less frantic than downtown NYC. Be warned that if you want the adrenaline rush of Meatpackers or Soho you will not like the sophisticated elegant, quieter Madison Avenue up on 77th street. We liked the fact that with a decent pair of trainers on, you could walk it down to the busy bits or stay out of it for a bit of a break. Taxi drivers seem to have their own rules of the road, and none seem to be the same as any others, so it was preferable to walk! Superb hotel

Room Tip: We had sixth floor overlooking 77th street which was good. Some rooms have a courtyard view which I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent stylish Boutique Hotel.Top Upper East side location between Madison and Central Park. Great for a run in the morning or a stroll in the afternoon. Easy to walk over to the West side. The rooms and bathrooms are designed beautifully and practical too. you will find all amenities you need. Delicious food, I love the shaved fennel salad with arugula and parmiggiano with lemon-oliveoil dressing. For breakfast I recommend the waffle rather than the french toast. Staff is so friendly that one easily feels at home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Service is fabulous.

Quality of food is extremely good.The only setback for me is lack of choice for lunch/dinner bread. Only Italian?type of bread which is good but would appreciate a choice because I eat at the hotel at least once a day one way or the other (I do not eat breakfast, just coffee)

Very fast room service with finest quality. Set back again is the bread. Reasonable price for the quality for NY definitely but not cheap.

Hotel car is very convenient.

Room I had was the most spacious in the regular room category and no complaints there. Everything was in working order. B&O TV is nice, but a bit on a smallish side. There is so much bass that I thought I would bother my neighbour! Bath tub is the best. So deep, so long. Beautiful bathroom.

Plenty of room amenities. Bath amenity is good. However, it is probably a good idea though, to sort to branded ones when it is up for review or renewal. There are plenty of "branded" choices from the same Italian hotel amenity company. High quality nonetheless.

The hotel is in a beautiful most desirable residential neighbourhood but it could be inconvenient for tourists and business people on business for a night or two.

Room Tip: Ones facing Madison Avenue could be quite noisy with the bus.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A room at the Mark hotel for business trips in New York every few months. The prestigious hotel is located just a block away from Central Park.I loved the neighborhood feel and yet the elegant stores on Madison were only steps away. Everyone at the hotel was so nice and always welcomed us back each time we entered. The Mark hotel exceeded our expectations. We usually stay mid town but thought we would try something new. I loved the neighborhood feel and yet the elegant stores on Madison were only steps away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

A room at the Mark hotel for business trips in New York every few months. The prestigious hotel is located just a block away from Central Park. That lovely hotel is designed by world acclaimed interior designer Jacque Grange whose client list includes Karl Lagerfeld Valentino and Y.Saint Laurent to name a few and is absolutely remarkable and offers modern convenience such as a world class fitness center, business center and 24- hour -room service who will provide anything your heart may desire. The rooms are simply wonderful and impeccable and on par with some of the highest hotels that I've stayed in. I have had always excellent service in this 5 star property which is executed sublimely by the staff.Bellmen always greet me with a big genuine smile and remember my name.
I would like to mention special warm thanks for the kindness and graciousness of Julita - the morning manager - at the reception desk. I am always greeted with a warm smile and feel all of my needs are not only met but are proactively thought of and made available to me before I even ask for them. This type of service is seldom and if ever achieved in any other high profile hotel isa constant reality thanks to Julita at the Mark. Julita learned quickly about my requests and preferences even before i stayed there for the first time. She will always go way and beyond to make sure my stay will be perfect. All my requests are always done prior to my arrival, especially my quiet room on the high floor. This is what I need when I come to New York: comfortable, first rate service, a hotel and a professional staff which will make my stays ones that I am more than happy to spend the money on.
I would recommend this hotel to the kind of traveler who wants the best service possible in New York City. Mark is the best, maybe the only place to be if you want to be treated like your the only person in the hotel. And especially Julita is the reason for me to book this hotel when I am in New York, because the provides me with this 5 Star service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marmora, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Mark hotel exceeded our expectations. We usually stay mid town but thought we would try something new. I loved the neighborhood feel and yet the elegant stores on Madison were only steps away. Everyone at the hotel was so nice and always welcomed us back each time we entered.
The staff were more than accommodating. Drinks in the bar and brunch in the restaurant are a must! It's great people watching.
The rooms were extremely clean and perfect.
I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We live just 20 miles outside of New York City but we come into the city every month for a long weekend. We bring our two Golden Retrievers with us to our more than ample king sized room. Styled in French Chic boutique feel, the closets are plentiful (5 to be exact) and a full bar. The bathroom is the big surprise with an over scaled tub and a separate shower. They know the dogs names and they say hello every morning. On our way back from dinner the other night the doormen told me how many times my son took out the dog, it was great. We truly feel it is an extension of our home. Love the staff, room, and amenities.

Room Tip: Recommend the 77th Street King rooms 10 or 11 on floors 3 to 9.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mark? Share your experiences!