“Superb hotel, staff-- traveling along with toddler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mark

You added The Mark to your Saves list
The Mark
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madison Avenue at 77th Street, 25 East 77th Street, New York City, NY 10078 (Upper East Side)   |
Special Offer
Preferred Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Superb hotel, staff-- traveling along with toddler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was in NYC with my 4-yr-old alone, just mother and son trip to see firework and I am glad I chose the Mark!! Everything you can expected from the 5-star hotel for the spacious, clean, well decorated, quiet room to attentive staffs. The doormen are all wonderful, we dealt with them a lot as we always in and out and they were so hurry to get us the cab.

Being a single parent traveling with young child, I was of course very concern. We stayed at Kimpton hotel last year and ended up dealt with rude staffs to my child. ....but this is beyond my expectation. I am not sure if you can call the hotel at this level as kid's friendly, but I can assure you from my experience with them for 4 days they had done fantastic job treating my child like a guest (not burden, like some other hotels in NY). They had a lot of respect for the kid and in return, kid will respect you.

The location is fantastic. It is next to Central Park and the Met. This hotel located on 77th, so it is right next to the playground and 2 blocks away to the boathouse lake. You cannot beat this location and safety. We took cab almost everywhere because traveling with kid, it is of course more convenience. It is about $10-15 to get to mid town really. The only mistake we made is go to battery park, too busy too many tourist. Upper East Side is safe and quiet stay, very elegant neighborhood as we all known.

The room is spacious. We had the King size room with almost 500 sq ft and 4 huge closets. Bathroom is amazing, deep tub and separate shower with amazing water pressure. You get hot water in 2 seconds and it is clean. My 4-yr-old wants to move in, of course who wouldn't!!

Kudos to the Mark...This is what 5-star hotel amenities and service is all about. Yes it is pricey but it is well worth it. We definitely will be back for more stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

my husband and I eloped in Central Park and stayed at the Mark that night. It was truly amazing, a first rate place and I will definitely be back the next time I am in NYC. This hotel is slightly above our normal budget (we normally stay at the W and had been at the W on Lexington for three nights before we came to the Mark) but I was hoping for such a special night it was worth the splurge, and we were not disappointed. the staff was so welcoming and friendly without being obnoxious or pretentious at all, and the building itself is spotless and beautifully designed, down to the lobby, the hallways, the rooms, everything. our check in was very quick and easy, and we got a room upgrade when we said we were on our honeymoon. they also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne that evening while we were getting ready for the ceremony, which was very welcome :) all of the staff wished us luck when we left for the ceremony and everyone wanted to know how it went when we got back. we had drinks in the hotel bar after the ceremony while waiting to walk over to our dinner reservation, and it was also very nicely designed and not as crazy expensive as I expected, with a very laid back atmosphere. our room was very spacious (this could have been due to the upgrade, we requested a king courtyard room but I am honestly not sure what we ended up with - still a king room, and definitely not a suite, but it did seem bigger than I expected and what others have said) and very comfortable - nice linens, beautiful, soothing decor, plenty of storage room for our luggage, clothing, etc. the minibar almost knocked me out, it was the best one I have ever seen and the prices were even reasonable, especially after coming from the W the few nights we were in town before. everything you could ever think of in the way of mixing drinks or having snacks was provided, and plenty of it. we didn't actually use anything from the minibar but I know if we would have been there more than one night it would have been tempting. the bathroom was amazing with a double vanity with a tv built into the mirror on one side, a marble soaking tub big enough for two, a nice big glassed-in separate shower, and closet also. I just can't say enough about what a great time we had at this hotel and I really can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I don't advocate lying but if it really is a special occasion, let them know! they seemed very...
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is my second trip to the Mark this year. I returned because I like the location and the service was excellent during my first visit. The second visit was a little disappointing! We requested (and had confirmation for ) two single beds as I was traveling with my daughter. Initially we were placed in a king room and had to ask to be moved. I was expecting an important letter. No-one knew where it was and the sender assured me they had dropped it off! First night we had a turn-down service with chocolates on the pillow, after that no chocolates!
Small things that take a hotel from very good to excellent! In this case, it did not make the mark!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I absolutely loved staying at the mark, and decided it will be the only hotel i will stay when in Ny.
The hotels room are not very big, but very comfortable, service is good, quick and they are all very kind.
the place it self is gorgeous : the style, the decor, the atmosphere is very hip and even if is expensive the clients are all young.
the restaurant is one of my favourite in NY.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have stayed at the mark twice and have love it! The service is outstanding and extremely accomidating. The breakfast in the resturant is well worth the stay. Everything is up to date with remote control ability of the shades and lights. There is even a built in tv in the mirror of the bathroom. It is a short walk to central and other places of interest.

• Stayed March 2011
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Potentially this could be the best hotel I've ever stayed in. It was perfect from the moment we arrived. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was beautiful. We had had a complimentary upgrade and there was a bottle of champagne in our room as we were celebrating our anniversary.

The room was huge by NYC standards and on a lovely quiet block. The bathroom was gorgeous. The bar is a little small and it was hard to get seated when we visited on a Thursday evening but it's a great place for people watching and once seated it was very relaxing.

If you want a classy hotel where service cannot be faulted then go for the Mark. It was also great to stay on the Upper East Side as we did not know this part of the city well and we loved exploring. Very convenient for the Met and the park too.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I just spent a weekend at the new Mark hotel. This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. From the moment I arrived the staff was extremly friendly and professional. The room was wonderful. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had great water pressure. The bed was extremly comfortable. I also visiting the bar that is off the lobby. I highly recommend the pineapple mojitos! Overall it was a great experience. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Mark? Share your experiences!