“perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
You added Larchmont Hotel to your Saves list
27 West 11th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Greenwich Village)   |
Ranked #268 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Pencader, Wales, United Kingdom
“perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Only stayed for the one night (22/4) but it was just perfect. Location is within walking distance of everything I wanted, room was small but clean, I had everything i needed and slept like a baby. Breakfast a bonus, as are helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I only stayed one night from 4/22/15 to 4/23. The hotel is located in a great area for shopping and eating. There two movie theaters in the area also. I felt safe in walking around. The Larchmont is a clean hotel, the bathrooms are down the hall but nerver had to wait to use the bathroom or shower. The room was small but clean. They give you clean rob and slippers to use while there. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful to me in getting to Union Square. The one thing that is important to me is cleanliness and safety. The Larchmont was very clean and I felt both safe in the hotel and the area. The breakfast in the morning is ver nice to help you start the day. I will be back in New York again next month and will stay there again.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveled solo to NYC for a weekend visiting friends, I don't need a luxurious room. Cost is a big factor when planing this trip. From the reviews I got a sense of Larchmont Hotel is more like a dormitory. A little better than a hostel with small private rooms equipped with a sink, free wifi (ask for the password) and free continental breakfast. The building is old and rooms are small. They seem to take security seriously - a set of 3 keys for the front door, the hall way and your room. As far as I know the hotel was full the night I arrived but I didn't have to wait to use the shower or the bathroom for the 2 days I was there.

Can't beat the location, right by the 5th Avenue in Union Square.

Overall I think Larchmont Hotel provides basic lodging at a good price.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here last night on the top floor in a single occupancy room with a twin bed. I chose Larchmont because my usual UWS boutique hotel was sold out. I selected Larchmont because the reviews on Tripadvisor said 'clean.' This place is super clean. The communal shower was sparkling tile. The wide shower head was clean. The soap dish was pristine. In the WC toilets (also shared), there was a Purell dispenser and a fresh spray bottle in case a guest wanted to sanitize on their own. I showered as soon as I checked in and it was just like having a private bath space--unused and fresh. The bath space is very small: the actual shower is big. Lots of hooks on the door for hanging robes, etc, but the space for standing is tiny.

Larchmont is an old building that once was home to long-term residents, like in the old New York days when famous artists used to live in cheap hotels downtown--think Robert Maplethorpe and young rock stars. Some of the mirrors, big, beveled ovals inset into the walls remain. The rooms are newly painted. Mine was melon flesh/salmon. The cafe downstairs is robin's egg blue, and everywhere throughout are large, framed Smithsonian prints of herons and pelicans. Fish. My hallway had a zebra. The free coffee was hot and strong and good. Tiny pastries, fresh and best quality. Juices. Selection of teas. No cream, just milk. Complimentary breakfast 7 AM - 10 AM.

Bed was comfortable. Very, very clean. Cotton/ploly blend bedcovers are not fabulous, but the sheets themselves are fine. Small rooms like a those you find in Europe. The rooms remind me of a 'pensione' or a guest room in a convent or a dorm room at university. Tiny sink in room, mirrors, nice bathrobe. Again everything super, super clean. The rates are fantastic. This is not a luxury hotel, but the luxury is in the adventure of staying somewhere interesting and budget-worthy. P.S. the shampoo, soap and conditioner were out of this world great. Glycerin based. Smelled like hyacinth or daffodil, not sweet, just pure and like a garden. I LOVED IT HERE. Ask for Jane at reception. Highly efficient reservations and check in. No-nonsense and a great location. Louder halls in the morning after 9 or so, but otherwise expect a good night's sleep, a sweet breakfast and springtime in New York!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you're looking for a decent budget hotel in NYC, please consider The Larchmont. My husband and I prefer to stay in budget accommodation while we're travelling, so that we have more to spend on sightseeing; so this was the perfect choice for us.
The hotel is situated away from the main tourist area of Times Square, in the lovely Greenwich Village area. There are plenty of shops, cafés and restaurants nearby. We walked from the hotel straight up to Times Square most days, but there are subway stations and buses along the way if you're not keen on walking.
We booked the hotel easily via their website and received an email confirmation of the booking. Upon our early arrival, staff were really helpful and stored our luggage for us until check-in time so that we could go out and start sightseeing straight away. When we returned, a porter helped us take our bags to our room and showed us the location of the bathrooms.
Our room was a typical budget hotel room: fairly small but adequate, with a desk, sink, and small closet. There was also a TV and free wifi. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and serviced every day. The 'shared bathroom' thing was no problem, as there were two rooms each containing a toilet and shower just down the hall. I only had to wait to use the facilities once during the week that we stayed; and this was only for ten minutes. The robes and slippers provided in your room are a nice touch and really handy for quick bathroom trips.
The hotel seemed pretty secure, as guests were provided with a key to the front door as well as a key to their rooms. There is a small elevator which was much appreciated after a full day wandering around the city.
The Larchmont is not a fancy hotel, but it is a clean and affordable budget hotel with a vintage charm. I would stay here again if I return to NYC and I would recommend it to budget-conscious travellers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

I picked this hotel because it seemed like good value for the location. Next time I will spend a little more. It was clean and comfortable, but a little shabby. Breakfast is a small pastry, juice, and coffee.

Room Tip: Room was clean but the hotel has seen better days.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

I was determined to stay in the Village during our last trip to NYC. After unsuccessfully trying to book a few airbnbs, my husband suggested doing a general search of the area for hotels. I hadn't done that since I *assumed* everything would cost a million dollars. Low and behold - the Larchmont comes up. I read the reviews and a was bit concerned about humble it was, and especially about the shared bathroom situation. But then I saw the magic word - "clean" - several times, and decided to go for it. So glad I did! We were on the 3rd floor, in a larger room all the way at the end of the hall (I requested a larger room). It was quiet, spacious, and most importantly, it was clean. Given that we spent about a hundred dollars less than we would have for a giant, midtown, impersonal hotel (in a bad location), I was thrilled. I will say that people were eating the breakfast, but we skipped it since it was a bit light. Also, book early since I think we may have gotten one of the last rooms. Finally, keep in mind that it is a good 7-10 minute walk from the closest subway stations (but also to washington square park, the west village, the east village, nigh, etc!).

Room Tip: 3E I believe was our room. Large and quiet!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Larchmont Hotel? Share your experiences!