“Amazing address in expensive NYC !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
27 West 11th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Greenwich Village)   |
Ranked #260 of 449 hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing address in expensive NYC !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I spent the last 3 nights of my NYC holiday in May at the Larchmont, and I loved it! It's such a great address if you want to stay in one of the best areas of Manhattan, without spending a fortune.

The street is absolutely lovely and quiet, and typically New-York! There are many great shops just around the corner and you can walk everywhere (Flatiron building, Union Square...even the East Village).

The size of the room was very good with plenty of space to keep your luggage and hang your clothes. I never had to queue to use the toilets or shower (even though they are both in the same room). Being a traveller on a tight budget when it comes to hotels (I prefer to save my money for nice restaurants and a lot of shopping!) I have stayed in many hotels with shared bathrooms, and it was one of the best ones. I loved the fact we had a sink in our room as it meant we didn't have to go out to brush our teeth.

There was a kitchen not far from our room but we didn't have the time to use it (you never spend a lot of time in your room when you are in New-York).

So yes the decoration and bed linen are a bit old fashion (not in a cute, vintage way!) but who cares, as long as it's clean, quiet and cheap!

I would recommend this hotel 100% and I hope to stay there again soon :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Larchmont is in a fantastic location in the village, in a quiet, beautiful and somewhat historic street. The rooms are clean, the staff are very good and the other guests all seem to be friendly.

No need to be concerned about the shared bathrooms, I have been here for nearly 2 weeks and have never had to wait to use one and they are always spotless.

I will certainly be back again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Larchmont Hotel for one night (May 24th to 25th) and had a great stay. It was easy to find, and in a very nice area of the city. I checked in, got the keys (there are three, one for the front door, one for the floor, and one for your room) and into the room quickly and without trouble. The room was very clean, as were the bathrooms down the hall. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly and accommodating. It was also nice that after I checked out they were able to keep my bags so I wouldn't have to lug them around the city the rest of the day. All in all very nice, I already have plans to stay again later in the summer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Larchmont Hotel is European Style lodging with comfortable private rooms, shared bathrooms, and a European style continental breakfast. Bathrobes and little pouches with bathroom items were provided for the trips to the bathroom. The breakfast was very tasty. We found the Larchmont Hotel to be very affordable, comfortable, and quiet, located in a safe, beautiful neighborhood on a peaceful side street in Greenwich Village. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and fellow travelers were as well. We will most definitely make this our home-away-from-home for our upcoming visits to our daughter at NYU.

Room Tip: A family suite is available with a private bathroom. Book early!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great central location (if you wanna stay in that part of town), small but clean rooms, individual showers/bathrooms would be even better, but cant have everything, right? Price-value very good for Manhattan. I would definitely stay again here.

• Stayed December 2012
Crozet, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Service is pleasant in this charming hotel. Yes it is small, but what do you really need when busily scurrying around the Big Apple! Conveniently located to many restaurants, universities and culture! Begin your morning in the lovely cafe enjoying homemade pastries and breads, sipping on fresh made coffee and available juices. If closeness is not a factor and sharing a shower is not an issue, then this hotel is an ideal choice, not to mention the price for a stay in NYC with the added security of a locked entrance to main corridor as well as room corridors.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Unique Small hotel, of European Status with Shared Bath and a few permanent residents which I had the pleasure of meeting. At first I was more nervous about sharing a bath with those I didn't know but I eventually convinced myself that I do it in public bathrooms and did so in dormitory life in college. The room I had was small, all I needed was a single bed with a closet and window facing the street and small TV. Towels, and linens were clean and provided daily. As well there was a sink with medicine cabinet in room. Soaps and shampoos were provided too!! The was a communal kitchen which mostly more than likely used by the in house residents The staff was friendly. The amenities included GREAT COFFEE with European Continental Breakfast of pastries, toasts and jams with Juices and Tea as well. There was a hostess at breakfast too as well as TV for catching up on news. Nice elevator bldg. with plenty of security access keys to East and West Hall sides of building which included a front door key and of course room key all on a handy wristlet.

The only negative side I had was the when I wanted to shower I had to wait as I would have gone into the 2nd WC with bathtub but the water did not drain well in this tub. I thought it was fixed after I advised of this on Friday but to my dismay on Sunday it was still "clogged" ...grrr..this was not good.

I recommend those staying bring their own flip-flops for the bath as well..the WC are VERY TINY. They provide slippers and robes. the place is VERY QUIET. small lobby with 2 computers and PLENTY of magazines. In a GREAT neighborhood, close to public transport be it bus or many subway lines..

I plan to go back ..and fyi make reservations early...really..

Room Tip: Expect small and you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Larchmont Hotel? Share your experiences!