“Epitome of excellence ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Newton

You added Hotel Newton to your Saves list
Hotel Newton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2528 Broadway, Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City, NY 10025 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #280 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“Epitome of excellence ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Customer service throughout the United States is dead, everyone and everything is rude, disgracefully rude, with one exception- hotel newton.

This hotel is the quintessential example of perfect customer service. On arrival we were greeted, welcomed and then thanked for booking hotel newton. The two hotel clerks, Charlie and Karie were extremely and utterly professional. We arrived three hours prior to check in time however these two lovely hotel clerks, did all they could to accommodate us.

After check in, I went downstairs to speak to to the two hotel clerks on possible valentines-day spots. Not only were they extremely responsive but they again did everything in their power fulfil our requests. They provided me with at least four separate restaurants with full menu options and a short statement on each of their own views on the restaurants.

Upon deciding they again went the extra mile and booked the restaurant for us. A complete pleasure to have this done for me.

On that same day, I highlighted to the general manager that my phone was left at my previous hotel in Canada. On calling the hotel in Canada, they refused to send it for me and explained that it was now my job to have the phone picked up by an express courier and then shipped to me. On hearing this, the general manager of hotel newton, went out of his way, and spoke directly to the manager of our previous Canadian hotel.

The general manager (Emilio)kindly passed me the phone and to my complete shock, the hotel in Canada had agreed to send the phone at no extra cost.

I have in no way whatsoever a negative thing to say about this hotel. Many other clerks such as Landry and obviously the general manager, Emilio treated us exceptionally well. They were full of ideas on what areas were best to visit and more than helpful when we asked about getting around and to and from the airport.

I will, with not a single hesitation, when returning to New York, be returning to Hotel Newton. I have never felt so welcomed by a single hotel.

The staff, Charlie, Kari, Landry and Emilio are nothing but complete assets to this beautiful hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are someone who seeks great customer service, in a well located area and great and affordable rates.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MILO928, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your great review and we are so happy that we were able to help you recover your phone!!! Both of you were a joy to have at the hotel and we can't wait to get the wedding invitations which we know will happen!! lol

Emilio Morales Jr.
Director of Reservations and Revenue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
amman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I cannot say that it was a fancy hotel of the kind of hotels i love.. This was a bit old (the elevator ) small lobby, narrow corridor , but the bathroom was new and the room was clean ,view not so much :( ,, but excellent location so it was good in general

Room Tip: As a family we took the junior suite ,, i thanked god so much after learning of the shared bathroom
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

First time in this hotel; tried it after reading TA reviews. If your looking for the Marriott style hotel .. look until you find one. If you are comfortable with an older, well maintained and managed property at a reasonable cost,in a great neighborhood across from the NYC Transit, The Newton is a good bet. Staff were responsive, amenities adequate, room and bathroom clean, and consistent with NYC old hotel standards (small). A good value for my needs.

Room Tip: double bedded rooms are a bit larger
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We loved this hotel, we were a party for 10 and we were all looked after and had everything we needed. Comfortable, quiet rooms to escape to hustle and bustle of outside. Great value to say we were staying over new years too. Metro right across the road, taxi's flying past if you need one too. Perfect location!
If i were you, i would skip getting breakfast at the hotel. There's a diner next door named 'The Manhatten Diner'. We had a different breakfast every morning and they were delicious. Started our day nicely.
I could have a few little negative comment such as warm room at times and no wi-fi but it really doesn't matter about little things like that, we were in a good hotel in New York City! What more do you want?!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

A small-ish but clean and comfortable room, an excellent location on the upper west side, as other reviewers have noted, the heating is aggressive and it was necessary to crack a window. I was surprised to find it had only a shower and no tub, but that was not a major concern for this brief stay. Not a luxury experience, but a good price and a fully acceptable accommodation. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Due to the excessive heating, might be wise to ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
MILO928, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review. It has been so crazy weather wise that we have been trying to make every guest happy and comfortable. The nights have been literally freezing and the days warming a bit but if you ever have heat concerns, our front desk is here to help 24 hours a day!

Emilio Morales Jr.
Director of Reservations and Revenue
Curepipe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

i stayed at the hotel end of December 2013 for three days.Affordable price.Small but clean and minutes away from Times square, We enjoyed our stay.I hope my next visit to the US will be to Newton. Cheers from Mauritius

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Newton for 7 nights. Three of us in a room.

Pros:
1. Spacious room, especially for New York City. (We had 2 full beds.)
2. Very clean.
3. Nice bathroom.
4. Location can't be beat. Close to subway and is a quick trip on the 1 train to Times Square or uptown.
5. Great neighborhood. Right next door to Duane Reade (Walgreens), great restaurants all around. The Manhattan Diner next door has excellent food and a great staff. Be sure to go there for breakfast.
6. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Cons:
1. No control of heat in the room. We slept with our window open the entire stay - during January.
2. I found the mattress to be thin and hard, as did my family.
3. Only 1 elevator, and it's slow. No big deal if you are on the lower floors but a pain if you are on the upper floors and in a hurry.
4. Wifi comes at a cost, which in general I am okay with - however it is per *device*, not per room as in most hotels.

Overall I was extremely pleased with the Hotel Newton. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Newton? Share your experiences!