“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Newton

Save Saved
You added Hotel Newton to your Saves list
Hotel Newton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2528 Broadway, Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City, NY 10025 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #283 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here over labor day weekend, the staff is very friendly, the hotel and the rooms are very clean! Good location, just a block away from the subway, and walking distance to Central Park. We got there at 1pm and our room was not ready but they kept our luggage for us so that we could go explore the city without our luggage. We stayed in a double room, it was pretty large for a NYC room! The bathroom was also very clean, the only thing that really needs to be updated in the comforters, they are old and kinda dingy. Overall great hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

While planning our visit to NY, my wife and I wanted it to be close to the Central Park and with access to parking. The hotel Newton is perfect when it comes to that – located on Broadway 3 blocks away from the park and parking is just a few yards away and offers discounted rates to the hotel guests. The hotel itself is quiet and clean although its décor, both in the hallways and in our room, is not modern or new.

Our room was equipped with all amenities that a person away from home may need and everything was fully functional. It was clean and with the bathroom recently remodeled. When it comes to the size of the room, it was definitely a very small one and with a horrible view – a brick wall of a next door building a few feet away blocking the day light. Not only the view was disappointing but also the window itself was small which made the room pretty dark. Used to large windows and a lot of space and sun light, it was disappointing.

The room we got was with 2 double beds (instead of one queen bed as we requested when booking the room). Due to the room layout, it was not possible to merge beds together and we soon discovered how uncomfortable it was for 2 people to sleep on one. If we were to stay there longer, it would have been a huge nuisance.

Overall, the hotel offers a good service for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

surprised that it had a fridge and microwave. small but clean and neat. we were on the 9th floor so had to wait for elevator. but we chose a room with it's own bathroom which looked newly remodeled. tile completely around and large shower. took photos but didn't download yet. bed was a bit stiff but slept well. the communal bathroom was right next to our bathroom but not a problem with noise. we walked to central park. for the price I think it was very good. might be a little tight if you travel with kids.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms with private bathrooms but if you need it cheaper go for the communal bathroom option...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great stay at Hotel Newton in NYC!! Thank you Kari for all your help! Close to Central Park, which was great as we were there for a softball tournament in the Park. Staff was very helpful and our room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

great hotel, I really liked the service really helped, I got a room with a private bathroom clean and nicely decorated, good location, the price per night is average, great place to hang out on the plus access to the Internet and television. I am delighted cool atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I wanted to post a nice experience I had in dealing with the hotel staff. I had made a reservation for 2 nights for 2 people at the hotel. Unfortunately, due to a last minute medical emergency, I had to cancel it. I called the front desk and spoke to a customer service representative. He was courteous but said that I can be refunded for only the 2nd night, as I was already within their 24 hour cancellation policy (which is correct).

I requested to speak to his manager. Spoke to a polite gentleman named Emilio Morales. He listened to my case and asked me to email him the physician note, which I did. He promptly cancelled the reservation at no charge (even though he had stated earlier that they are usually very strict about their reservation policies)

Very positive experience. I would stay here if/when I visit New York the next time.

Thanks Emilio & Netwon customer service staff

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MILO928, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I am happy that all turned out well for you and we look forward to your next stay with us

Emilio Morales Jr.
Director of Reservations and Revenue
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel was clean and location was great
We are a family of four and we stayed in a room with two queen size beds with a rollaway bed(they charged us an extra 25 dollars for the rollaway which I thought was pretty lame)
The room was slightly shabby but it was clean which is what's matters most to me. Again, the location couldn't have been better
Walking distance to Central Park, museum of natural history and many good restaurants including one of our favorite breakfast places, sarabeths on Amsterdam ave
Would stay there again

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Newton? Share your experiences!