As a woman on my own my main concern was feeling safe in the surrounding area and in the place I stayed. Country Inn the City feels like a family house but you have your own studio apartment inside. It's wonderfully quiet there and my view looked onto a peaceful garden but when I stepped out and walked a few yards down the street I was in the hustle and bustle of Manhattan.
If you are looking for luxury and somewhere like a five star than this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for somewhere that can feel like home for a while then I couldn't recommend it more. If I have any more long term stays I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All four of award winning spacious studio apartments offer private bath, kitchen, free wifi: each within a delightful and completely restored 1891 limestone townhouse. Enjoy fast access to all the Upper West Side has to offer. Convenient for subway (2 blocks), Central Park (3 blocks) and all manner of nearby entertainment (restaurants, theaters, gourmet groceries, natural history museum) and not so far from Manhattan's other notable tourist attractions as to be a nuisance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn The City Hotel New York City
- Country Inn New York City
- New York City Country Inn