In a nutshell, staying here makes you feel like you live in NYC! West-side living! (For this reason the sleep quality is 3 out 5, gotta love NYC and its sirens and car horns!) :)
The rooms are like homes rather than hotel rooms and having the kitchen etc means you can pick things up from the nearby supermarkets / deli's / foot places nearby and enjoy it at home rather than eating out all the time.
The location is awesome, being just a few minutes walk from the red line of the subway and not too far at all from Central Park and the museum of natural history. The red line cuts right down through Manhattan all the way to the bottom (Statue of Liberty!) and connects to pretty much every other line so is ideal for a tourists needs.There are also loads of bars and restaurants nearby if you need them.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Big Nick's Burger and Pizza joint just around the corner. Don't let the name fool you, they serve pretty much everything! Great quality and value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All four of award winning spacious studio apartments offer private bath, kitchen, free wifi: each within a delightful and completely restored 1891 limestone townhouse. Enjoy fast access to all the Upper West Side has to offer. Convenient for subway (2 blocks), Central Park (3 blocks) and all manner of nearby entertainment (restaurants, theaters, gourmet groceries, natural history museum) and not so far from Manhattan's other notable tourist attractions as to be a nuisance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn The City Hotel New York City
- Country Inn New York City
- New York City Country Inn