Country Inn the City offers the perfect base to explore everything New York has to offer. It is located on the beautiful and relatively peaceful Upper West Side and is ideal for longer stays. The Inn is private, comfortable and homely, and provides convenient access to Central Park and attractions such as The Metropolitan Opera. I stayed in suite 5 (Collegiate Suite) which was spacious and well appointed. The local area has plenty of restaurants, a well-stocked market (ideal for self-catering) and various other amenities including a laundry a couple of doors away. The 79th Street subway station (train line 1) is only a couple of minutes away and provides convenient access to midtown and downtown Manhattan, including the Broadway theatre district, Chelsea, and Greenwich Village. Times Square subway station is a short train ride away and provides easy access to all other subway lines. Fergus and Rob are very accommodating and will gladly share their tips and advice for exploring the local area and New York in general. I would happily recommend Country Inn the City to anyone who is seeking a more personal alternative to the larger hotels, especially first-time visitors and those planning a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All four of award winning spacious studio apartments offer private bath, kitchen, free wifi: each within a delightful and completely restored 1891 limestone townhouse. Enjoy fast access to all the Upper West Side has to offer. Convenient for subway (2 blocks), Central Park (3 blocks) and all manner of nearby entertainment (restaurants, theaters, gourmet groceries, natural history museum) and not so far from Manhattan's other notable tourist attractions as to be a nuisance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn The City Hotel New York City
- Country Inn New York City
- New York City Country Inn