This hotel has an awesome location. It's located less than a block away from Times Square and other sites. It is an incredible value for the money. This is a smaller hotel with only 79 rooms or so, so it's not too overwhelming. As others have said, it makes a great base to do some NYC exploring. The hotel is near both the Orange Line and the Yellow line metro, which is nice, but you may have to walk a little ways (or transfer) if those lines aren't where you're wanting to go.
The room itself in the hotel was adequately sized, with a queen bed, nightstand, slim dresser and table. It was also very clean. Nothing was outdated. Even the bathroom had ample space for the shower, sink (single sink) and towels. They have dispensers for soap, lotion by the sink and for shampoo and bath soap in the shower.
The water pressure wasn't as high as what I'm used to perhaps, but nothing horrible. Also, the bed was not as firm as I'm used to (it seemed a little to "squishy") for me, but I slept okay in the room. Since this is a small hotel, you should know that it has narrow hallways. (I was glad I only had a backpack with me because I'm certain that anything more than a small carry-on luggage size suitcase would be difficult to fit width-wise in the hallways).
The staff at the hotel was very nice and offered directions to anywhere we needed to go. Also, they told us about their free business center where you can make print-outs of tickets or reservations if needed. They also have free Wi-fi that worked great.
The included breakfast was just okay for me. They had a variety of foods (mini-muffins, bagels, bread, pastries, a few cereals, yogurt, fruit, pancakes & eggs) but the pancakes were cold and the eggs were a little on the runny side. But...you can't beat it for something quick to eat before beginning your day. I guess if you don't expect that much for breakfast, then you'll be happy with what you get. Lastly, don't expect a view from your room, as this hotel is tucked in among other buildings, and there are only 9 floors, so my view was an office building (I was there to sightsee, so the view from my room wasn't important overall).
At any rate, this was a wonderful spot for me to stay during my "getaway" to the city. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Broadway at Times Square Hotel offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Broadway at Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midtown Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Times Square
- New York City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Midtown New York