Booked a room during storm Sandy based on the staff stating that they power the hotel by use of generator when the power goes out. The only reason a room was booked was for the use of power. We have a handicapped family member that needs use of power for breathing treatments. Once the power went out and the generators were turned on we were then advised that the generators do not provide any power to the hotel rooms. This would be bad enough, as this was something we clarified specificaly previous to booking the hotel... but the elevators do not even run. This means that not only is there no power in the room for breathing treatments, but our disabled family member also cannot get off of the 4th floor. If the staff at this nightmare place would have been up front and just stated that they do have a generator, but it only operates the lobby and some limited emergency lights in the stairways (but no access for guests) then we would have NOT have booked at this hotel. We have stayed at this hotel before and dealt with the inconveniences of noisy elevators, key cards that dont work, remotes that dont work, refrigerators that do not work, dirty floors and staff that speaks very little English. We are not generally very picky as the location is great for our needs, but after this experience and the complete dishonesty of the staff of this establishment we will never stay at this hotel again and would recommend others looking elsewhere as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget hotel in NYC that is located in the vibrant Chelsea neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Chelsea Savoy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Chelsea Savoy
- Chelsea Savoy New York City
- Chelsea Savoy Hotel New York