“A nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pio Pio

Pio Pio
210 East 34th Street (between 2nd & 3rd Avenues), New York City, NY 10016-4847 (Midtown)
(212) 481-0034
Neighborhood: Midtown
Tarrytown, New York
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went a few weeks ago on the recommendation of a friend. Wow. Great food. It's a shared food type of restaurant. Order an entre and a few sides and you all dig in. No double dipping. We started with the Sangria. Very tasty. We ordered the Matador combo with fried yucca and maduros. Talk about alot of food. There were only three of us. Can we say doggie bag :) All the food was amazing. The sauces were amazing. First time having Peruvian food, and it was all good, even the desert combo. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia
“Worth a trip just for the chicken.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I found myself in Midtown one snowy evening at 9:00 pm. I wanted to try something different and saw Pio Pio made Peruvian chicken. I ordered a quarter chicken with a side of fried plantains. The chicken was super moist and had a nice amount of seasoning infused throughout. The chickens are the smaller variety. It was so good I should have ordered a half chicken. Service was fast. Will definitely go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I found reviews of Pio Pio online while staying at an Upper East Side hotel and thought I'd give it a try. Wow am I glad that I did!! I got take out one night (1/2 chicken, maduras, avocado salad) and it was absolutely delicious. The chicken was so moist and tender.....and the green sauce was OUT OF THIS WORLD....spicy and smooth and a perfect complement for the chicken. Even the salad dressing had me swooning! You will not be disappointed!

Visited March 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“Try Chicken rotisserie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited Pio Pio in Hell's Kitchen with my friend.
It was dim in the restaurant, which had duplex floors.
Some parties had having parties.
My friend said that a party was held at the restaurant whenever she came.
We ordered sangria was fruity and delicious, and Ceviche, seafood marinated in lime juice & mixed with red onions, cilantro for starters.
Then Ensalada de Avocado was sliced avocado, lettuce and tomatoes, tossed in a homemade dressing.
Simple, but was really delicious.
Juanita's Chicken was one whole rotisserie chicken marinated in mama juanita's authentic recipe.
Arroz Chaufa, peruvian style chinese fried rice mixed with chicken, eggs and onion, with soy sauce flavor.
Most of menu canbe delivered upon address.
I intended to go to Big Wong King for the breakfast tomorrow.

Pio Pio - Hell's Kutchen
604 Tenth Avenue (between 43rd & 44th Streets)
Telephone: (212) 459-2929

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey, USA
“I highly recommend it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Small, charming restaurant with excellent service. Order the sangria and seafood cerviche to start off. Absolutely delicious! We got the roasted chicken that came with lots of "sides" that were amazing: rice and beans, avocado salad, fries with sausage, fried plantains. You'll have lunch for the next day. Including the tip, it cost $70. We could have easily shared the dinner with another person. For a NYC restaurant, it's excellent food at a reasonable price.

• Visited February 2013