“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yum Yum 3

Yum Yum 3
658 9th Avenue, Corner of 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
212-956-9415
Neighborhood: Manhattan
tetney
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Try the soft shell crab - it is delicious. The only downside is the fact that it is often full and there isn't a seat - we ate here twice and would have come back had we been able to get a table

Visited May 2014

Waddinxveen
“Th eplace for good Asian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Good food for a very low price. Young Asian girls are serving very quickly. It's a small restaurant where you really enjoy your meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn, NY
“Great Thai Food on Restaurant Row!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stumbled upon Yum Yum 3 (which is across the street from Yum Yum 2 and down the block from Yum Yum) while looking for a meal on Restaurant Row before our Broadway show. It really was very good. We wanted to try something different from our usual Italian fare on that strip and Yum Yum 3 did not disappoint us. We are huge fans of the Spice Thai restaurants in NYC and this was just as good. The service was excellent and the menu selections were plenty. The price was reasonable. The specialty drink menu was also impressive.

• Visited May 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Came here for a quick dinner after a movie recently. There are three branches of Yum Yum within a block of each other. Yum Yum 3, the middle one, was the least fancy, with old-style decor rather than the sleek modernism of the others, but my friend and I wanted a quiet place to talk, so we chose it. The meal was patchy, with highs and lows. The appetizer bowl of tom yung soup was about the best thing we ate, loaded with straw mushrooms, lemongrass flavor and two plump shrimp, and really good value at $4. My lychee lemonade was good but too sweet; I had to ask for extra lemon to cut the sweetness. We shared entrees: the Pad See Ew with shrimp was fine, not outstanding, but the tofu in ginger sauce was really bad. It was literally just tofu, ginger and onions in a very thin and flavorless sauce, and the tofu was super-rubbery. We actually asked for a side of steamed vegetables to add to the dish, as it was practically inedible without them. My guess is that this dish isn't ordered very often: most tables around us ordered noodle dishes, and they all looked good. So, my advice: go for the noodles and tom yum soup and skip the rest!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morrisville, Vermont
“Craving more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My friends and I came upon Yum Yum 3 as we were walking to another restaurant, we liked the atmosphere, even though it was very small and was full the whole time we were there...a very popular place. My friends ordered Coconut Soup, and Pad Thai, we shared an order of Thai Buffalo Wings and I had Classic Panang Curry..all was very delicious! I am now on the lookout for a Thai restaurant in my area!

• Visited March 2014