“Finance 101” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Museum of American Finance

Museum of American Finance
48 Wall Street, Ok, New York City, NY 10005 (Formerly Museum of American Financial History) (Financial District)
212-908-4110
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #268 of 1,633 things to do in New York City
Auckland, New Zealand
41 attraction reviews
“Finance 101”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is probably the only activity you can do on Wall Street (minus taking photos of course). The entry fee is reasonable at $10 (cheaper if you're a student like myself). I wouldn't say this museum was breathtaking or large but it is very educational and I feel like it covered everything you'd learn in a Finance 101 course at university. Part of the museum are interactive with a section where you actually get to try making investing decisions and make money. There are many exhibits that are exhibits that teach you a lot. Since you can no longer go into the New York Stock Exchange I'd say watching the videos in this place is the closest you get.

Overall this place is worth a visit if you're in Wall Street and are looking for something to do. I also think kids (or eve adults) interested in Finance would enjoy the learning experience. However, I probably wouldn't rate this attraction highly enough to say that you have to come see it.

Visited March 2013

New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found this museum very interesting. The exhibit that shows all of the security features on the $10 bill was really interesting. We were down by Wall Street so it was along our route but I don't think I would go out of my way to go here if you aren't in the neighborhood.

Visited January 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Alot more then expected ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Very interesting place to go and learn about the financial system in america and the stock market. The history and in the present. It's a lot more then I expected. Loved it

St. John's, Antigua
17 attraction reviews
“Must visit if on Wall Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stumbled across this gem quite by accident. I was visiting the New York Stock Exchange site on Wall Street continuing along I saw the sign.The museum is not large by any means but it can keep you captivated for hours. The history of the currency was great along with the past presidents and their contribution to the US financial system. The history of Bank of New York and Alexander Hamilton left an impression on me where after my visit, I had to pass his tomb at Trinity Church. The financial market exhibits were wonderful; from the old stock and bond certificates to the collection of tradeable commodities it left nothing to chance. I was even happy to see a live Bloomberg Terminal available to check on the financial markets. Great museum especially for financial buffs like myself.

Don't forget to visit the gift shop they have a great selection of memorabilia and books. I was able to purchase old stock certificates during my visit.

Visited September 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Finance museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The visit to museum of American Finance was very educative. I thorougly enjoyed couple of hours I spent there. It gives you an insight into how concept of stock market came into an existence, scandals, financaial crimes, inside trading and corruption. It also provides details about shares, bonds, commodities, how trading is done on wall street and how technology evolution impacted the financial market. The museum has updates from recent financial criss as well with timelines. The musem is open Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 AM - 4 PM

Visited September 2012