“Underwhelming - not as hyped” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fuerza Bruta

Fuerza Bruta
101 East 15th Street at Union Square, Daryl Roth Theatre, New York City, NY 10003 (Manhattan)
212 239 6200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #223 of 810 Activities in New York City
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: FUERZA BRUTA is a non-stop collision of dynamic music, visceral emotion, and kinetic aerial imagery. Featuring mind – blowing visual effects that must be seen to be believed – a man running full throttle through a series of moving walls, women frolicking in a watery world suspended just inches above the audience – FUERZA BRUTA: LOOK UP is a theatrical experience that floods the senses. Come experience a 360° heart-pounding theatrical experience!
San Antonio, TX
12 attraction reviews
“Underwhelming - not as hyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is performance art which overuses the same elements a bit much. There is some unique thinking and creativity here, but it's all disjointed and some parts go on too long. The pool element was fascinating initially but got too revealing as the four girls slid around in white, wet bikini bottoms too close for comfort.

Maybe we just had some lame Thursday night group, but we never broke out into dance as a group b/c the music isn't really danceable. The gunshots and horns don't make any sense. Be prepared to stand for over an hour. I would rather have seen any Broadway show than this. But at the same time it was an experience and that's what NYC is about. I was with 6+ others and we all felt the same....

• Greek first
“Not impressed and not worth your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Well,My boyfriend and I ,outgoing ,young people who love to discover new things and we' ve been to many broadway and off-broadway shows and different performances ,went to this show Fuerza-Bruta . And we were completely disappointed , because we was expecting more. Nothing special about it. I'm not consider this weird actors movement as an art. You don't need a special talent to scream loud or twitching . And btw, it seems like actors having more fun, then audience. So, if you will decide to go there, my suggest , have a few drinks before. LOL. But it's better, to go to other a real broadway show, you will have more fun!

Hong Kong, China
15 attraction reviews
“Unique, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend suggested we go for this show which was supposedly very unique and different to the usual broadway fare. Went with high expectations.

It was definitely unique, and I liked the fact that you can actually interact with the performance - you'll be made to move around the stage on cue as the sets move too. Of course some of the segments were awesome, like the one where a suspended pool just barely sits on top of your head with 4 half-naked women sliding on it (almost like a show in Bangkok!).

Probably I didn't understand the arty part of it, but that's me. The show did indeed have high energy and pulsating music, but not really much of a plot.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Furza Brutta (BAD)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Definitely not my cup of tea. No plot, boring and the actors were having more fun than I was. You definitely need to have a few drinks to see this show inorder to enjoy it. A waste of my money and time.

New York City, New York
“What happened? Used to be great!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I saw this show 4 or 5 years ago and it was amazing. Loved it so much I went 3 times. Just saw it again last night and it was terrible! The performers were beyond amateur looking. The pool scene used to be fun and open and now it's giggly and slutty. Yuck. I mean yuck!