Two female friends visited this hotel both first timers to New York. This hotel was part of a BA hotel and flight deal. It was very cheap! We were not expecting much.
We were concerned about the location in China town and getting about to see the sights. (being 1st timers we wanted to do all the usual stuff). We thought China town wouldn't be very convenient.
We were wrong!
On arrival to the hotel we were greeted warmly by the staff and allowed in the room some time later. We requested and were granted a quiet room high up as we were aware of the construction issues below.
The room was large for a city location and perfectly adequate. Two Queen size beds which were comfortable and a decent bathroom..
Breakfast was a nice freebie. Not the best New York had to offer of course but it was free!
What makes this hotel special is the staff. A special mention to the lovely Hugh who every day was helpful as we presented him with our map and he gave simple instructions on the New York subway system for us to get to our chosen destination. Thanks Hugh!
Whizzing around on subways is really the best way to get around New York and you can arrive in most places within 5_15 mins.
China town itself doesn't have much to offer to offer a tourist really. It is a bit grim. Little Italy which really is about 5 mins walk from the hotel has quite a few nice restaurants and we spent a few nice evenings. Basically though this hotel is just a comfortable base for people to rest and then set out to explore further afield.
So to sum up you can pay more to be in more midtown but if you do you will still have to catch subways to get to places so save some money and stay here. Excellent for subway links. Excellent staff and excellent price! Would stay again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western