This is a servicable hotel that gets you a night's sleep and a place to call your hub, but certainly wont go down in history as the epic luxury plaza. It's just fine. Nothing fancy, but decent.
Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean but small. We were located literally right next to the ice machine which was unbelievably noisy.
The neighborhood is Chinatown so be prepared. It's not mid- or uptown manhattan, so this part of town is cramped, busy, and dirty. Lots of construction tightens up the sidewalk and the smell of cigarette smoke and open-air fish markets is fairly inescapable.
The housekeeping service was great.
Only complaint was the general maintenance level. An elevator went down on day one making it really difficult to catch an elevator, the vending machine on my floor did not work, and the post-breakfast garbage cans in the eating area were literally overflowing. Not attractive.
Otherwise, you need a place to crash, it's affordable and fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western