There is nothing hugely wrong with this hotel, but nothing great about it either. Rooms are clean and fairly modern, while an average NY size (i.e. small). Reception area is cramped. I didn't like the location - too far from useful subway lines and an instantly forgettable part of the city. Its on the edges of chinatown and close to little italy, which are interesting areas to see for an afternoon but you don't really want to stay there if you have an option.
Move the hotel a few blocks west and it'd be a good option.
The main negative about the hotel was there was significant street construction work going on outside in the middle of the night - this was very noisy and led to very poor sleep. The hotel isn't a mid-town hirise, so there was really no escaping the noise. This isn't the hotel's fault, but it didn't make me want to rush back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelTravel.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western