“always go there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Museum of Art

The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10028-0198 (Manhattan)
+1 212-535-7710
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At New York City's most visited museum and attraction, you will experience the best of human creativity from across the globe. With collections spanning more than 5,000 years of culture, from prehistory to the present, the Metropolitan is a journey through the world's greatest art. One Met. Many Worlds. Where will the Met take you?
Staten Island, New York
5 attraction reviews
“always go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I live in NY so I go as much as I can. I love the Met it always has something new on display. Everyone should go there at least once..

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“Waited a long time to go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I spent a long afternoon at MOMA. Almost everything about it was wonderful. Clean, art very accessible [surprisingly so in some areas], great variety of art to view. The only negative I have to say is that the guards take their jobs way too seriously. I was reprimanded about three different times. Several times for having my toe over the line of acceptable viewing and once for being discreetly on my cell phone. I was certainly talking in a lower voice than most people were who were just walking around. I guess it was rude to the art to be on my cell phone!

Visited September 2012
Summit, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
“A little bit of a lot of wonderful things!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you have time to visit only one museum in NYC, this is the one. It has paintings, sculptures, mummies, (even a temple transported from Egypt) armor, period rooms, you name it and you can find it here. There's something for everyone.

seattle
6 attraction reviews
“The day at the Met”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Absolutely my favorite museum!! An A plus experience from start to finish! The exhibits a very extensive. The staff at the museum were very helpful. I would recommend spending the additional $7 for the audio guide. The guide gave me a much deeper appreciation than my previous visits without the guide.

Roslyn Heights, New York
12 attraction reviews
“The mother of all museums in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Don't expect to see it all in 1 or2 or 3 or 4 etc visits. We have been going yearly for the past 40 years and each visit is a new experience. You can save it for a rainy day. We enjoy going Fri or Sat night from 5 to 9 when it's open late. Skip the lines at the cafe and go downstairs to the cafeteria. Food is good but not inexpensive.Dont miss the Asian section, the American wing and the impressionist. If you have time for only one museum in NYC this should be your choice