“Pretty interior with thought-provoking exterior..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity Church

Trinity Church
74 Trinity Place, Broadway at Wall Street, New York City, NY 10006 (Financial District)
(212) 602-0800
Brewery and Beer-Tasting Tour in Brooklyn
Ranked #69 of 633 Attractions in New York City
Type: Architectural Buildings, Religious Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally built in 1696-97, the church was the first site of King's College, now Columbia University, and is the burial place of Alexander Hamilton and Robert Fulton.
Singapore, Singapore
42 attraction reviews
“Pretty interior with thought-provoking exterior..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visiting the Trinity Church was not part of my planned itinerary but we came across it when exiting the subway and I must say it's nice to be able to visit this church on our trip.. We first came face to face with the cemetery, which is rather thought-provoking for me.. The exterior of the church was surrounded by scaffolding, its a pity we couldn't get to see its full beauty.. The interior of the church is very grand and astonishing, you must see it with your own eyes!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, OH
19 attraction reviews
“Friendly People, Pretty Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you like to see what the world was like in Manhattan, many, many years ago this is a nice place. It has a beautiful garden and lovely church to contemplate in solitude. I had such a great time contemplating that I forgot my phone at the church! I was very lucky when I called they had the phone in the lost and found and did everything they could to help me retrieve it! Thanks to the friendly folks at Trinity Church, my phone is now safely with me!

Visited August 2012
NYC
19 attraction reviews
“Historic Site with much to offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

First off...good for a bathroom stop in lower Manhattan. This church has lots of historic connections and is welcoming to all. Lunchtimes often mean free concerts or rehershal for that evenings concert. Traditional Episcopal worship done very well, indeed.

Visited November 2012
438 attraction reviews
“History Amongst the Skyscrapers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This beautiful piece of history is nestled amongst all the soaring buildings of the financial district of NYC. I was a bit disappointed that the exterior was completely covered in scaffolding, but the inside more than made up for it. I felt like I had stepped into one of the many cathedrals I had visited in Europe. The stained glass and the statues were all just lovely. It was a little dark inside for pictures but it added to the atmosphere of the church. Please take the time to see this church if you are down near Wall Street.

Austin, Texas
44 attraction reviews
“Nice service, easy to find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Right on the Trinity subway stop, this beautiful church has a lovely old graveyard that you're welcome to walk through. The services are lovely and you feel right at home, even as an out-of-towner.