“Great location,very helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Hotel 91 to your Saves list
The Hotel 91
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   91 E Broadway, New York City, NY 10002 (Chinatown)   |
Ranked #336 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Great location,very helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay here.
We stayed for 5 nights and found the staff very helpful.
The noise wasn't a problem as the double glazing worked (room 706)
We even got a good deal on a taxi to Newark Airport,way cheaper than the yello cabs.

• Stayed December 2011

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

We just checked out of this hotel today after a five day stay through new years. We stayed at a hotel around the corner in October and were less than pleased. We passed hotel 91 and marveled at how clean it looked and vowed to give them a try in two mo. I am so glad we did. Staff was accommodating. The room was super clean and smelled like cleaning products upon arrival. The beds are comfy with really comfy puffy sheets. We spent a lot of time in bed bc it was so comfy. Subway is a short block or two. The noice from the bridge is annoying but earplugs work. Price was great! No breakfast :-( we were bummed about this but all in all... Great hotel -we will be back! Thanks hotel 91! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2011
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Service - The staff was very nice. I did not know my way around, and asked many questions, all of which, were answered. I asked the staff how to get somewhere so she took out a map gave it to me, and routed which subway I should take, and wrote it down step by step, and even showed me how to get home.

Value - Value was okay. I never went to New York before so I'm not sure how much it usually runs for but I paid $199 for a night with one queen sized bed.

Sleep Quality - Beds were nice and cushioned. Pillows were fluffy and sheets were clean.

Location - ITS GREAT! For me at least. The only problem I see that could potentially turn people away is that its right next to the tracks so you can hear every time a subway/train go by. In my opinion, it wasnt that loud, and wasnt annoying. BUT it is right in the middle of chinatown so its a plus.

Overall, I think this hotel is a good choice. It was very clean throughout. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, hallways was also clean. They offer free tea, and coffee in the lobby, BUT BEWARE! The big water bottle in the room itself is $3.00!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I just returned from my stay at Hotel 91, room 711 and have the only free NYC souvenir, my bed bug bites! I called the "24 hour front desk" for help after waking up at 3am from the bites only to find out that there was nothing they could do being the hotel was booked. We checked back in the morning to see if they could move us, which they did, to room 715 which seemed to be bed bug free. The guy Steven (the useless rep from 3am) claimed that they've never had any complaints of bed bugs and acted surprised when we complained of being bitten. However, the guy who helped us into the new room made mention that they have a bond with an exterminator in the city and that they will call for treatment of the room. I agree with the other reviews that the rooms are spacious for an NYC hotel, and the bed is quite comfortable when you're not being attacked by bugs. Overall, I would've given this place a better rating if I hadn't had such a bad experience with the bed bugs... my legs & feet have well over 30 bites and are still itching.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bridge to cut down on the train noise.
Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
H91_MGMT, General Manager at The Hotel 91, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
To Whom It May Concern,

This story is an unwarranted exaggeration/fabrication. No one ever spoke to said guest about a contract with an extermination company as no such contract exists. This property has never had any issues with bed bugs, and furthermore, ALL of our beds are protected with bed bug mattress encasements. His room was inspected by the Front Desk Manager, accompanied by housekeeping and nothing at all was found. The front desk manager spoke with this guest and did move him to another room as a courtesty to appease his concerns. Guest appeared to be thankful, but this review turned out not be a reflection of the guests sentiments at the time of his alleged incident.

Best Regards,

Hotel 91 Management
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed in August for 5 days in Hotel 91 and I appreciate the cleaness of our room.
The ratio between price and quality was good.
Obviously for that price this hotel is suggested.
The position is really close to Underground station to visit Manhattan.
We stay in the hotel only to sleep so it was perfect.
But the smell of Chinatown area is really terrible.
Despite other customers comments we didn't hear train noise during the day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

...and I'm NOT sensitive towards noise. The hotel is located right next to / under the Manhattan bridge and in the daytime every 4 minute a train runs by and the building is almost shaking. Add to this the terrible and constant smell of fish in Chinatown and you definitely do not have a boutique hotel experience! I haven't lived other places in New York, but compared to the experiences of friends and family, I would say that you are better of choosing a more centrally located hotel - the few extra dollars will be well spend. The upside of Hotel 91 is that it's clean, has comfortable beds and a nice clean, spacious bathroom.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel with a better location!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

If you are looking for the tourist section of NYC this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for the Ritz, this is definately not it. What you have is a gem located in Chinatown. I stayed here in September for 1 week with my sister and bestfriend and had the best time. My personal advice is that if you flew in to NYC (via LaGuardia) you can get a week train pass from the Hudson News Stand for like $29 dollars. It is located by baggage claim. GET THIS! YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH....even if your stay 3 or 4 days, at $2.25 each way it adds up fast. Anyway, the F train is a 5 min walk. My sister and I did not pack any bathroom toiletries and we found everything we needed across the street at the asian pharmacy. It had everything we needed. There is a Starbucks about a 15 min walk at Allen and Delancey. If your worried about the walk then you better get used to it, that seems to be all that you do in NYC. After going out at night in the East Village I took a cab back and with generous tip I spent $10. Back to the hotel, it is very clean, had an Iron and board, and a blow dryer, clean towels, ice and vending machines. If you come to NYC to stay in the room and order room sevice you better stay in Midtown and pay the price. If you are coming to NYC and want to dig in and enjoy what the city has to offer than this is the best place to stay. I dont think most people are realistic in their expectations when staying places, certaintantly in New York. Stay here and see for yourself, and if you think its bad....book a room at The Carter in Midtown for a night and then let us know what you think. I guarantee you will be looking at the "glass half full" after that. Thank you Hotel 91 for a great stay....See you in December for 5 days

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Hotel 91? Share your experiences!