“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Flatiron Building

Flatiron Building
175 Fifth Ave., At 23rd St., New York City, NY 10010 (Flatiron District)
212 477 0947
Improve this listing
Visit Flatiron Building like an insider
Top Rated
$59*
and up
New York City Hop-on Hop-off Tour and Harbor...
Ranked #74 of 1,633 things to do in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: This Daniel Burnham design got its moniker because, as you might guess, it resembles an iron.
19 attraction reviews
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Am architecturally interesting building, worth a visit if you're in the area. Not particularly overwhelming

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
North Providence, Rhode Island
43 attraction reviews
“Recall interesting building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to check out this iconic building. Managed to find it in he first try and wasn't disappointed. It is a really interesting building and it makes me wonder what the apartments look like inside! There is a small park nearby that you can sit and watch the people go by. Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!

Visited February 2014
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
55 attraction reviews
“Unusual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I missed it the first time I went to NYC, but I had to see it the second time. And it's really interesting. I still wonder how those appartments look like from inside. You shouldn't miss it on your way to Greenwich Village.

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
“One of the more interesting buildings in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is one of the more unusual buildings that I have been to. I'm somewhat of a science fiction buff, so it was great to see where Tor/Forge books was actually headquartered. I had heard that the curvature of the building results in peculiar wind conditions, and even in the heat of the summer I found that it was true; the wind whipped around the corner at a fast clip. This is apparently is where the phrase "twenty-three skidoo" comes from, which I guess is a fun fact. Before I got to the Flatiron, I used my phone's park whiz app to find an inexpensive place to park, as I didn't plan on hanging around that long in the neighborhood.

I had speculated that the unusual shape of the building would have some effect on the offices inside, and it turned out to be quite true. The "point" offices apparently offer very nice views of the skyline, but the other offices are somewhat off center. The windows were a bit screwy too, but as I wasn't staying long I didn't have a chance to take a longer look. There are some shops at the bottom, but I didn't take a good look at those.

It's an iconic landmark - visit it at least once. : )

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Qc
“Great place to sit and feel it all in !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

What a great idea to block space for sitting ! Have a coffee and enjoy the view !Just feel the energy !

Visited August 2013