My wife, young daughter and I just returned from a four day visit to NY where we had the privilege of staying in this amazing hotel.
We have had the good fortune of staying at some outstanding hotels around the world and this one stands out for its understated elegance.
The things we really liked:
- The lighting and decor: The dim lighting is calming and complements the old-style, club feel to the hotel
- The attention to detail in the room: an iPad for checking what's on in the city, a Jambox to connect your music collection to, a proper charging station (!), a nice variety of high quality drinks in the mini bar, oragami book and paper for the kids
- A sauna in the bathroom! Nice to bask in the heat after a chilly fall day of walking on the High Line
- The adjacent restaurant (Locanda Verde) is amazing. Try their take on Eggs Benedict (Uova Modenese) for breakfast
- Their staff: sincerely pleasant and helpful
- Sitting with a drink, playing cards by the fireplace in the Drawing Room
The room (we stayed in 515) was also extremely quiet for sleeping. No street noise. No loud HVAC system. Just the sound of my wife's gentle snoring to keep me awake.
I highly recommend this hotel.
A very minor quibble was the lack of an espresso machine in the room. Not really a hardship though to head down to the Drawing Room or the espresso bar at the Locanda Verde.