“Fantastic weekend at the Greenwich Hotel minus Sandy” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   377 Greenwich St., New York City, NY 10013 (TriBeCa)   |
Ranked #31 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Omaha
“Fantastic weekend at the Greenwich Hotel minus Sandy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here the weekend before Sandy hit the East Coast. The hotel was wonderful. We used our AMEX Plat. for the FHR deals which was quite nice. Our room was really beautiful and very well styled. Our bathroom was amazing! The only downside was the mattress...not very comfortable truthfully. We loved that the gourmet snacks/non-alcoholic drinks were included in our room rate. We had drinks in the bar and breakfast in the courtyard both were very nice. The Saturday breakfast was a bit different then the weekday service...we had to send back a couple of items and wait a bit longer even though the place was empty. Our last night we were too tired to go out to dinner anywhere far so we ate at the Italian restaurant in the hotel. The service and food were divine. Loved that we could get in on a Saturday night and enjoy a meal. Unfortunately, we had to leave really early on Sunday due to the storm so checkout was a quick hello goodbye with coffee. I would definitely recommend this spot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

As I live in the area, I always wanted to try the spa in the Greenwich Hotel in TriBeCa. On the President day, I finally was able to experience this extraordinary space.

Shibui spa is built on the concept of old Japanese house or, "minka". Carefully placed antique furniture create serene but warm atmosphere. After the check-in, I was taken to the women's locker room where everything was designed with the greatest attention. You have an access to hotel pool when you have a spa appointment. If you have a fortune to swim in this amazing azure pool, you would like to stay there forever. It was a great water - not smell like chlorine like any other hotel pools. I swam and relaxed before my massage and it literally got me in the calm mode.

Then, I was greeted by Michiyo and taken to a lower floor. The massage was great since my whole body was so tense due to the stressful city living and she was very attentive. After the massage, I enjoyed the steam shower in the locker room, also very clean. A great finale for the afternoon really was that a pool attendance offered me a hibiscus tea at the pool side. It was the most delicious tea that I ever had - perfectly brewed - and timing for the tea was perfect!

All and all, I truly enjoyed the experience and will definitely go back. No need to go away on vacation, now I know this place - I can always escape from the City in a quick second....

NOTE: I was suggested to avoid the weekend to get the most out of the spa since the weekend can be really crazy with a lot of people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wayland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Greenwich Hotel is a home away from home and a wonderful combination of a Zen atmosphere and chic, edgy hotel. Our corner suite was magnificent with every amenity you would need. It felt like our apartment in NYC with a world class spa within steps. The bath was exquisite and decor was relaxed elegance. We love reclaimed and aged European environments so it was just perfect for us. Of course the fact it is new and immaculate was a favored feature. My husband loved the bed, however I agree with some of the other reviews. The linens were sumptuous, but the bed felt flat and uncomfortable to me despite the Duxiana reputation. I am a bit spoiled with a custom organic beyond comfortable bed at home so perhaps my expectations are high. We are foodies and have been fortunate to experience some of the best restaurants in the world. We had very creative, delicious meals at the hotel restaurant and in the private guest area. We just loved the private gathering room for guests only with the roaring fireplace, candles and AMAZING staff. Everyone was so professional, efficient and offered us a cordial welcome. The spa treatment was the BEST we have ever had, which speaks loudly as I have been to some of the premier spas in the world. Valerie was simply outstanding with her treatments. The pool area was so peaceful...loved it all. We have very high standards and strongly felt that this is one of the best hotels, certainly in NYC. We would only stay here...and love the location and being close to the Village. Kudos to the Front Desk staff, room service and housekeeping team as well for delivering such great service. The one glitch which seems to be a common thought in other reviews, points to the training or experience of the bell staff. The team was very friendly and nice, but our departure was not as we would have preferred.
Greenwich Hotel is SUPERB, relaxed, elegant and warm. The staff should be praised for a job well done.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is one of a kind....having cost me $800 plus for one night (we stayed 4) I would have expected flawless..and indeed this was a .totally flawless experience from the moment of check in..the property and staff are first rate..expect to feel comfortable in a simple room with every lovely touch...Tuscan rough wood... fabulous shower ..TV is not hung on the wall , where it could pretend to be art,..but placed on a table..not at all elegant, but perfect...the bed is the best ever, and I meant to ask where I could buy one if their duvets..I have only slept under them in Europe...
As for staff, they are professional, real, engaging and can make anything happen within 30 seconds...seriously, ANYTHING..love the drawing room and I could go on and on..if you can afford it, STAY HERE.. Have breakfast, eat at the restaurant...you will be in for a treat...(oh, yes, the mini bar Is FREE..for $800 a night!)

Room Tip: I suspect there is no such thing as a BAD Room...you may want one on the patio... We loved the stree...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

While it is expensive, the Greenwich Hotel was great. The pool was peaceful, as was the gym. Spa services great. I loved the lobby and bar room as well. The rooms were not plush...they were quite simple. Snacks were complimentary and refilled! Staff terrific. I left my iPod and some other things in a drawer, and it was found and fed-ex'd to me. Celebrity spottings in the bar area was fun! So many great restaurants to walk to. I recommend!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Greenwich Hotel is a true gem in NYC. I visited with family and friends and truly thought the hotel was a 10/10. This hotel allows you to escape from NYC, while still being in the middle of a upbeat, hip town.
Constantly was hanging out in and around the pool. To enter the pool you go through two (male and female) locker rooms. They are medium sized buy VERY luxurious and high class. The pool area was beautiful and felt like you where anywhere but NYC. The staff throughout was very helpful and helped with everything we requested.
The Greenwich hotel has a very private secluded feel, witch is very different than most NYC hotels, but the Greenwich pulls it off perfectly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a wonderful early Valentines/Birthday celebration. The hotel is just lovely in terms of decor and service. My husband loved the big room with the fireplace and we had super cocktails before our dinner at Locande Verde. We swam in the pool and rented a great movie still in theaters. My husband also got a massage that he raved about.

Room Tip: We had a lovely external view of Tribeca. Many may not think it is that attractive but I love the n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Greenwich Hotel? Share your experiences!