“A great base” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 West 24th Street, New York City, NY 10010 (Flatiron District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #172 of 464 Hotels in New York City
London
“A great base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at the Wyndham Garden on a business trip and it was perfect. The room was very comfortable - particularly the bed. I expected a combination of jet lag and arthritis aggravated by the flight to lead to a few nights of poor sleep, but the bed was so comfortable I slept really well. Unlike other reviewers I had good wifi access at all times. The bathroom was good with a really good shower and decent complimentary toiletries.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the location is brilliant.

I ate at the hotel's Italian restaurant for convenience on the first night (jet lag again meaning I had little desire to go looking for anything else on a cold January night!). The food was good but of course with all of New York on the doorstep it's not difficult to find both better and cheaper options. The same goes for breakfast - I ate there on the first morning of my stay but elsewhere after that.

My company arranged the hotel but I was very pleased with the choice and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. Our service team strives for excellence as guest satisfaction is our priority. I am glad to hear you found our amenities and location to your liking. I do look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a perfectly located hotel in Chelsea, just steps away from Eataly. The hotel is not luxury by any means, but the clean rooms and service make up for it. I don't go to NYC to stay in my hotel room, anyhow. There's a nice Italian restaurant attached to the hotel-I didn't have a chance to go, but they have room service and seem to be open most of the time. Very European style in room size and bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wyndham Garden in Chelsea for your most recent stay. Our hotel is located in the heart of Chelsea and bordering Midtown, Gramercy, and the Flatiron District. With area attractions such as Madison Square Park, the Empire State Building, Macy's, Times Square, the Theater District, and Rockefeller Center just minutes away you will be able to enjoy sculpture, theater, music, shopping, and much more. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit New York City.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelesa
Calgary, AB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were looking for a cheap NYC hotel in a good area, with a few basic ammenities (A/C, king bed, etc.). The room was only $150 a night in peak season, and room was quiet, cool, and pretty clean.

It is a small hotel, only 8 rooms per floor. Many things within walking distance, and it was easy to catch a cab from here. We spent less than 8 hours a day in the hotel, so we were pretty happy. There is a little concession by check-in where you could purchase non alcoholic drinks and some snacks, which was nice if you wanted to grab a bottle of water or a granola bar. Not high end or luxurious by any means, I would say it is a basic 3.5 star. I laughed at the previous review, because the towel rack that fell off and the narrow wardrobe were also a couple things we noticed as well. Rooms are quite small, but well designed, and the bathroom was a fair size as well. Right down the street from Eataly (high end italian market/restaurant), the flatiron building, and Madison Square Park (make sure to visit the Shake Shack for late night burgers!).

If you are just looking for a place to sleep, I would recommend, but not if you wish to hang out in your room, or want luxurious hotel ammenities.

Room Tip: We faced the street, and were on the 3rd floor - and was still quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad to hear about your experience with our hotel. Your detailed experience of the Chelsea area, including Eataly, Madison Square Park, the Flatiron Building, and Shake Shack highlighted all of my favorite attractions. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting your next stay.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

With pleasant and friendly staff at the front desk/lobby, I knew I was in for a great time right at arrival. The room was super neat and had provision even beyond my need. It was a value for money, perfect for business and pleasure trip to New York City.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your trip with the Wyndham Garden Hotel Chelsea. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The positives: Very friendly staff; close to everything: rooms well cleaned: Staff were made aware of the problems and whilst they were not able to make it better, gave us a small discount. This was unexpected and was greatly appreciated.

The negatives: Some Front of House staff lacked knowledge of where things were or how to get to places in New York or even giving us incorrect information. For a hotel this is totally unacceptable: The towel hook in the bathroom was broken - when the towel was lifted off the hook, the hook fell onto the floor: the wardrobe would not close when the hangars were used - i.e the wardrobe was not deep enough: when the air-conditioning was used it made the room smell bad: very poor lighting: the hand towel holder was over the toilet roll, so after using the hand towel, the toilet tissue was damp. In fact, there really wasn't a hand towel holder at all.

The hotel is tired. With some hard work it could become a GREAT hotel.

Room Tip: We chose this hotel as we are Wyndham The South Pacific Club Owners. DO NOT expect this Hotel to be...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Chelsea. We appreciate your candid feedback as it provides us feedback on how we can improve upon our services accommodations. Please contact me directly at 212 243 0800 so that we may further discuss your stay. I hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you.

Pound Ridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose the Wyndham because it was close to where my wife and I were having dinner and seeing a music performance on her birthday. My wife casually mentioned the occasion to the women at the front desk when checking in. When we returned to our (upgraded) room after the show, we found a bottle of Champagne and other treats along with a lovely card, signed with personal good wishes from the whole night staff: Winnie, Anastasia, Shannon, Lisa and Raj. It was all the handwritten notes that made the gesture so unexpected and touching, and it made my wife's night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Wyndham Garden in Chelsea. I appreciate your recognition of our team. It makes us proud that our efforts made a difference on your stay. I hope your wife had a memorable time in New York City for her birthday. Winnie, Anastasia, Shannon, Lisa, and Raj were delighted to hear your feedback and were extremely glad to have contributed to a great stay. I hope we can host your stay again soon.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West? Share your experiences!