“Replaced Chelsea Hampton with Chelsea Wyndham” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 West 24th Street, New York City, NY 10010 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #185 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Replaced Chelsea Hampton with Chelsea Wyndham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Was not disappointed with my stay at the Wyndham. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was well appointed and the pillowtop mattress in my room was so comfy that it was difficult getting off of it. One suggestion I might make would be to offer a free continental breakfast for all guests like the Hampton offers...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
nyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Hotwire advertised this 'hotel' as a 4-star option. They are sorely mistaken. This is basically a 2 star, possibly 2.5. Very few amenities. The parking not on-site and very expensive in a nearby garage. Desk staff was fairly rude. We got a tiny, handicapped room which barely fit too people. Terrible view of a concrete wall. Lighting was bad. Bathroom amenities were non-existent. The gym was not on-site, although you can go to a nearby gym, but you wouldn't know to plan on that beforehand. I could go on and on but you should get

I would not choose this hotel (or another Wyndham) in the future based on this negative experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wyndham Garden in Chelsea. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us and the difficulties your experienced during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies we did not meet your expectations..

Our indoor and secure parking facility charges $40 for twenty four hours which is on par with similar garages in the immediate vicinity. We also offer bathroom toiletries by Bath & Body Works. Our complimentary day passes to the New York Health and Racquet Club receive rave reviews from our guests. It offers a sauna, steam room, state of the art cardio equipment, personal training, a 50 foot swimming pool, and several more amenities.

I hope you will contact me directly at 212-243-0800 as I would like to discuss your stay in further detail.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Hotels can be such a crap-shoot in NYC. We've stayed here three times now, and will assuredly come back. Yeah, rooms are small. But they're clean, neat, and you can't beat the location. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are very quiet, but have NO VIEW! I choose quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. I am delighted to hear about the service we provide during your three trips to our property. I have shared your positive comments with our staff as we are all delighted to be at your service. I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to hosting your next visit soon!

Berlin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked this hotel through hotels.com and were able to get it at almost 50% of the cost of other major hotel chains. The room was clean, comfortable, quite and the staff very friendly. The location was close to where we needed to be for business but it was a $12.00 cab fare to the theater district. All things considered a very good value!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. I am so pleased to hear you found us to be a great value in the Chelsea market. It was a pleasure having you with us and I hope to see you during your future visit with us. Please reach out to me directly so that I may assist with a personalized itinerary.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Let me start by saying we absolutely LOVED our stay here. My only complaint is that I wish we had more time to spend there. The staff and service was absolutely fantastic. The room itself was great and quite large for a hotel in NYC. It's located in the heart of Chelsea, great location for dining and drinking.

When we checked in, we mentioned that we were there for a special event. Raj and Liz were working at the front counter and could not have been nicer. We were upgraded to a suite since they had one available.

The room itself was really great. 2 rooms and a bathroom and balcony. The views were nice and the room just had a really cool feel about it.

Overall, we'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. Liz and Raj are integral members of our team and strive to achieve service excellence. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and look forward to sharing your feedback with our team. We are looking forward to being your preferred hotel and welcoming you back in the near future.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I'm always a bit hesitant with hotels in NYC, you really never know what you're going to get. So I was pretty happy when I got to the Wyndham Garden. It was located on more of side street, so not very congested, with a couple restaurants very close by (including Eataly!). The rooms were small, but most rooms in the city are. This one utilized space well, and was very clean. Furniture and carpets were in good shape. Everyone one there, from front desk to housekeeping were very nice and helpful. They offered free wi-fi, which is always a plus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea West. I am delighted we exceeded your expectations. We are away from the hustle and bustle yet located centrally enough for visitors to walk to multiple New York City landmarks such as Flatiron Building, Union Square, Herald Square, Empire State Building, and Highline Park. I am glad you enjoyed the nearby restaurants and our amenities. Eataly is also one of our favorites! I will share your kind words with our service ambassadors and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The room was very small but clean (the bed is taking about half room and only a night table on one side of the bed the other is connected to the closet) the forniture is very cheaper and old fashioned.

Anyway the position is excellent to visit NY and the rates are good expecially considering the position

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. I am glad the location and rates were favorable. I am very sorry to hear that our accommodations were a disappointment. I appreciate your comments and will address your concerns with our management and team. Please contact me directly at 212-243-0800 so that I may ensure your satisfaction during your next visit.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West? Share your experiences!