“A good place to stay in NY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West

You added Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 West 24th Street, New York City, NY 10010 (Flatiron District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #173 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Potomac
“A good place to stay in NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel is very well situated, staff very friendly and helpful. The room was somewhat small but well appointed, with all the amenities and a good sized bathroom. There is a very good Italian restaurant attached to the hotel, plus many other excellent restaurants in the area. There are three subway lines within 2 blocks from the hotel. The price was right for the quality of the hotel. We stayed 8 nights on a mixed business and pleasure trip. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Wyndham-Chelsea, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We are happy we met your expectations. We are glad that our staff was accommodating to you and will share your feedback with our team. Definitely stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I usually stay here by reason of close proximity to our New York-based office on the 23rd.

This hotel is a gem if you intend to discover the secrets of Chelsea and the FlatIron district.

The breakfast is not a shout, but at least the orange juice gets the morning going. For breakfast, would recommend Eataly, just around the corner - for their lovely coffee to start the day. Surrounded by good eateries - French, Spanish, Peruvian (Raymi), Japanese, Indian, seafood, Mexican etc, and a good few bars around the neighbourhood - choices for food is never an issue.

Centrally located and walking distance to Macy's or the Village - the location is prime.

Drawback? As in any usual NY accommodation, space is not as generous as can be found in Asia.

But it doesn't really matter especially when the iconic Flat Iron building is just around the corner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your fine feedback of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We agree with your mentions of all the wonderful restaurants in our area. Some of our favorites is Tre Stelle, Raymi, Tappo, Junoon, and Eataly. Our standard rooms are about 230 square feet which is comparable to most hotels with our rating. We do offer larger rooms at an upgrade and would love to welcome you back to try one of our premium or suite rooms. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to your return.
p
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly and helpful - they made our stay a real pleasure. The hotel was simple - rooms on the small side but average for NYC - very clean and quiet. Fantastic location in Chelsea made up for the size of the rooms. Would stay there again. Great value. Also, the fitness center is not onsite as they give you a day pass to the NY Health and Racquet Club a block away, which was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your extraordinary review of your recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. It is a true pleasure to be in service to you and others. We are very happy that you enjoyed the New York Health and Racquet Club. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our wonderful city.
Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Rooms are very small but clean, a/c extremely noisy, comp coffee is great. When checking out I told the clerk to pls charge a different credit card than the one given at check in and gave it to him, well, they charged both credit cards! I wrote an email to the sales manager never got an answer, now I'm dealing with the bank. Accounting never found out there was a double charge for one room's bill!?

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with billing. Please contact me directly at 212-243-0800 or cyee@wyndham.com to further discuss your stay as I would like to investigate your charges and correct them immediately.
ARROYO SECO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was a perfect hotel in most ways. Great restaurants and sights close by. I had wished for a bathtub, and would have been very happy with a smaller queen bed where the king size made the room a bit tight!!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We are delighted to hear that your most recent stay was an enjoyable treat. Our hotel is conveniently located near several major subway stations and we are walking distance to many New York City landmarks. If you are interested in a room with a bathtub, we do offer premium rooms at an upgrade which are larger in size, includes a bathtub, and balcony. Thank you for your compliments to our staff. We have shared them with our team and strive to provide the best in service. We hope to see you soon during your next visit to New York City.
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Before I stayed at this hotel I was completely disgusted by their customer service department! I wanted to call the hotel and ask for an early check in but I couldn't b/c their phone number was disconnected. I called the customer service number and they told me the number works and to call back. So I called back and it rang forever but no one picked up. I called customer service back and they transferred me...still, no one at the hotel answered. I called customer service AGAIN and she tells me that she was able to reach the hotel and they are having phone problems. She then tells me that I will have to call the hotel over and over until I get thru. So I asked how she was able to talk to get thru but I couldn't. No answer. I asked her to transfer me and she says, we don't do that.

Although we had some customer service issues, we arrived to the hotel with an open mind. Wini welcomed us as we checked in. She was friendly and professional. She asked if we preferred to stay in the front (more noisy) or the back (quiet) of the hotel. We chose the back. While other reviews complained about the view of the bldg next door, I found it funny to see the people in their apartments. Also, I didn't plan on spending much time in the room anyway. The room was a medium size master bedroom...this coming from a middle class lady. I found it to be quite cozy and the right amount of space for a couple. The bed was very comfortable and the blanket was nice and soft. The only small complaint I have is that there was no express checkout. We had to wait in line...in a very small lobby. So be prepared when you are leaving. Maybe try calling the front desk first.

Check out the SoHo Playhouse: TED GREENBERG'S THE COMPLETE PERFORMER. Tickets were only $20 pp and it was a great time. And the 9/11 Memorial; you won't be disappointed, but make sure you reserve your tickets online before going...they're free! You will have to go thru a screening like you're at the airport but it goes pretty fast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wyndham-Chelsea, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and want to send our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced whil we were having telephone issues on property. The issue has since been corrected and we are fully optional again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. I am happy you had great stay with us. We do offer express check out options such as calling Guest Services from your room to check out or leaving the keys in your room when you are ready to take off instead of having to wait on line. I do apologize if there was any wait time. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we can offer the same great service to you on your next stay with us.
Bellaire, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were only here for 1 night, but it was a great stay. It's conveniently located, so we were able to walk to many different attractions and restaurants. Our bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet (we were on the 16th floor). Just make sure to get validation from the hotel for the discount price at the parking garage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wyndham-Chelsea, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy you had a wonderful stay with us and would love to welcome you back in the future. I agree our location is very central to many New York City attractions. I am glad this was one of the highlights of your stay.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West? Share your experiences!