“Best in NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hayden Planetarium

Hayden Planetarium
Central Park West and 79th Street, American Museum of Natural History, New York City, NY 10024 (Upper West Side)
212 769 5100
American Museum of Natural History
Ranked #107 of 1,633 things to do in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: No need to settle for just looking at the stars - this $210 million planetarium is a virtual joyride through the universe.
“Best in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hayden Planetarium has so many wonderful facets to its greatness; I almost do not know where to begin. I will start the start. When I entered the Hayden Planetarium, I was shocked by the physical beauty and greatness of the representation of the sun at the center of the planetarium, although it is a huge metal ball it has a great beauty to it. Next, as I walked in, I started to see the rest of the planetarium which is teeming with interesting facts and models about our universe. After I had read some of the facts, it was time for my movie. You may be thinking, "How is there a movie theatre in a planetarium?" and so was I. However, the movie theatre is located inside the gigantic metal ball. The movies provided at this planetarium are first class. Personally, I like them more than the movies in theaters. They are the best for two reasons, they are gripping and the movie theatre is amazing. Finally, I went to the gift store. It is one of the best because everyone of all ages may buy something, the books are hand-selected and fantastic, and the staff is kind. I would recommend this to anyone who is in New York or anyone lives in New York. As a child, the Hayden Planetarium compelled me to learn more about physics and love science. Overall, this is, in my opinion, the best attraction in New York.

Visited September 2012

NY
12 attraction reviews
“A Journey to the Stars!!! A Must Journey for YOU!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Have you ever visited somewhere and couldn't wait to share it with your family/friends? Have you thought of all the people who would love what you are currently experiencing and wish so badly that they were there? The journey to the stars was an outstanding journey for me. If you plan to visit any museum in New York City, make the Hayden Planetarium a must. I had such a wonderful time, I have to do it again and perhaps again.

Visited October 2012
16 attraction reviews
“Star Light, Star Bright”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Personally, I fall asleep every time the lights go down in the planetarium theater as the sky show begins. I guess my brain thinks it is really night and time to sleep. But I always come out happy, having learned something. Great for kids. How much do you weigh on the moon?

Rochester, New York
1,714 reviews 1,714 reviews
501 attraction reviews
“Nice exhibit, but could have been more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We enjoyed our stop at the Hayden Planetarium, located inside the Museum of Natural History, in NY City. We saw an interesting show about the start of the universe, which was ver informative. It was, however, too short; there was so much more they could have done, extending it to at least 15 minutes in length. Also, I've never been in a planetarium that had no chairs, as this one had one. You don't look up at a simulated sky. Instead, you look down into this one. I've been in better planetariums right here in my own town. This one could be better.

Visited October 2012
56 attraction reviews
“Lucky Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you like to star gaze in a relaxing but informative atmosphere this is the place for you. Educational and Entertaining.