“Great value Apartment-hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square

You added Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   339 W. 39th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #136 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Great value Apartment-hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

great value apartment hotel. the rooms are clean, spacious and kitchen is includes. Good pricing. The kitchen is handy to save some extra dollars for your breakfast. Close to the tube, but not really on Times Square (3 blocks away).

Room Tip: great value
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Teresa V, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hello from the Candlewood Family! Thank you for your review and your feedback. we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was a great experience. Very clean and quiet hotel, big room, nice staff and great location right outside of Times Square. Everyone was really polite and friendly. Room had TV with many channels and good bathroom and kitchen as well as fridge. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Greetings from our family,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with our traveler community. I am so thrilled your experience was great! We look forward to your return and please contact us in advance when you make your next booking.

Warmest Regards,

339 West 39th Street
New York | NY | 10018
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am not an expert on room rates, but I paid under $140/night and thought it was a very good deal. Like most NY hotels the rooms are small. Since it was just me in the room I was fine with the size. The kitchen was very functional and the lobby has free FRESH coffee 24 hrs a day which I liked. No hotel breakfast, but I was fine with that too, since I always had food in the fridge. The room was clean when I checked in, but there is no daily maid service. I liked this because I do not need my to pay to have someone scrub my bathroom every 24 hours. Folks at the front desk will provide towels or anything else you need mid-stay and I was fine with that. All the staff was VERY nice. It aint the Waldorf, but it was a world better than a motel 6. I would call it a good value for the price.

Also there is a good grocery store 3 blocks away called Brooklyn Market and a place to get $1 pizza slices 24 hrs a day one block up toward the bus station. Also it's very close the the Javitz center is you are stuck going to a show there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Greetings from NYC,

We are delighted to read you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to your return. Don’t forget to contact us in advance when you’re in NYC. Enjoy your weekend.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night due to the recent snow storm in NYC. I stay in hotels in the city at least once a week and this hotel just lacked the personal touch. Plus, the fact that no breakfast is offered, kills the whole thing for me. I know it seems drastic but the whole thing of not having breakfast was a deal breaker for me. Plus, it indicates online that they have a pantry in the lobby with snacks and drinks, which according to the receptionist they only had a vending machine.

I also noticed a stain on my towel when showering this morning.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast or clean towels, consider other IHG hotels.
Green Features: I did not notice any practices from the hotel that seemed environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Teresa V, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Greetings from the Big Apple!! Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time tell us how your stay was. We apologize for the misunderstanding of our amenities when booking your reservation and your towels. We encourage you to contact the hotel directly to talk more about your experience with us. Warm regards and safe travels!
Canandaigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on Super Bowl weekend and felt the $150 room charge was very reasonable. This is an extended stay motel so the rooms had fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, and silverware and plates. Very nice for those who travel with snack and sandwich provisions or who want to store leftovers. Parking was an extra $55 per day, valet service. To park yourself, it's $45 or so. But be warned, this is a one way street and if you park in front to unload, you'll be beyond the garages. If you're very lucky with traffic you may be able to back up, otherwise you may have a long drive around the block to park. I'm very cautious about parking in a garage (for safety) so the valet service was worth the few extra bucks. For a travelers coming in through the Lincoln Tunnel, stay to the far right tunnel because you need to exit right almost immediately after leaving it. Otherwise you may miss your exit - in heavy traffic, which is almost all the time, you'll be unable to cross six lanes of traffic in the short distance. Good luck with finding your way back.

Candlewood is in close proximity to Times Square and the subway system. There's a very small cafe to the left as you exit for those who like to patronize the locals and a Starbucks within one block. The motel has fairly decent coffee but no breakfast. Lastly, the motel itself is on a somewhat run down looking alley but don't let this deter you. You're only a few steps from the main street grid.

Stayed January 2014
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Greetings from NYC,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback with us. I am happy your experience was pleasant. Please visit us back soon and don’t forget to contact us in advance. Safe and Happy Travels.
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I paid over $200 during a busy weekend here. I stayed here because out of town friends had pick it. It is on a street with a bunch of discount hotels in a row. I got there at 2:30 and was told my room would not be ready till 3. What I found out is they just don't let anyone in there room till 3 and there were 20 people sitting in the lobby that were going to get there keys before me. There is no service of any kind ie valet, bellman, room service. There is no way I would ever go back

If you never been to a real NY dive bar there is a real bucket of blood right across the street. We stopped there for a late night cap. We were out of place but had some fun.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am truly sorry to read you will not be staying in our hotel again. We do try our best to accommodate any request our guest make especially when an early check in is requested. Thank you again for your feedback and if you should reconsider staying with us once more please do not hesitate in contacting the hotel directly. Safe and happy travels wherever you may stay.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Room was great & well equipped with everything we needed. Front desk was very friendly! Room was great! No complaints about anything! Several parking garages nearby. We parked at a parking garage across the street & saved $15. Only half a block from all the action.

• Stayed January 2014
Greetings from New York City,

We are pleased to hear your stay was great! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad our staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. Please visit us soon!

Been to Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square? Share your experiences!