“Not bad if you're not picky” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carlsbad
Texas
“Not bad if you're not picky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I came here with my boyfriend because we wanted to see the caverns nearby. We found that the room was nice, the refrigerator and microwave were clean, the bathroom was clean, and it was well furnished. Nice TV as well. The bed was SO comfortable. The heater worked very well - almost too well. The free breakfast was pretty gross - the bagels, bread, and pastries were really stale and I hope never to eat scrambled eggs like that again. I mean I get that I'm "getting what I pay for" when you're talking about free breakfast, but I'd just stay away from the eggs, is all I'm saying. Coffee was good. At one point I stood at the desk for a few minutes while a manager reamed out an employee, who then seemed pretty upset about it. Our neighbors were incredibly noisy (from the late night parties to the bathroom puking in the middle of the night) and the walls were very thin - we could hear conversations from next door, constant footsteps above us on the second floor, and every single wheeled suitcase that rolled by outside was as if it were in the room with us. The free wifi was a nice touch, but frustratingly slow. Overall, I think it was a little overpriced for what we got, especially in the "off season", but again, I'm not picky. The staff was overall pretty friendly, check in and check out were the easiest I've ever experienced, and I was happy to have a low-key place to return to after a day of cavern exploration. I'll probably stay here again, just because I know what I'm getting when I do.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

carla s, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Hello thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated, I want to apologize for any troubled you might have had here with us ,We will do our best to get these issues you wrote about taken care of . Thank you and have a great weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went down to Carlsbad NM and stayed at your hotel with my wife and 2 children as I walked inn I was greeted by the Ast. Manager April along with "welcome to days inn How may I help you" and their for we were already enjoying our hospitality then.. We went down for breakfast the next Morning and their was the Ast. Manager again working so hard to make sure everything was out along with fresh coffee and fresh food while she was assisting the Front desk and still managed to have all taken care of we have traveled too quite few hotels and this was the first one to we were very happy with our welcome. We will hope to be back next year and looking forward to visiting with the Ast. Again I just wanted to recognize how comfortable we felt and very welcome

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
carla s, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Goodmorning, I wanted to thank you first off for your feedback with us here at Days Inn we appreciate it very much. I would also like to say that we are very glad that stayed with us and enjoyed it, Yes my asst. manager is very good at herb job and I am very pleased with her. We hope that when you are down this way again that you do stay with us we would love to have you here with us again. Have a great weekend.
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Oil Boom in the area has made all hotels and motels in the area very expensive (approximately, twice the usual price). Given this, this Days Inn is well run and offers the usual clean room. There is a hot breakfast: coffee, machine orange juice, cereals, milk, yogurts, hot pancakes, grocery store bagels and danishes. Nothing very fancy, but it'll keep you going for a couple of hours.

A lot of the rooms are rented to oil workers from the area. That means the parking lot is full of trucks and the workers will start leaving the hotel around 6 to 7 AM. There is also an adjacent lot with big trucks. Some noise late in the afternoon, but nothing serious.

The hotel is a bit away from the center of Carlsbad. It's on the way to the National parks. If you are looking for the better restaurants and hotels, you will have to drive east for 5' to get there.

We were visiting the two National Parks (Carlsbad Caverns & Guadalupe Mountains). Both attractions are close: we made it to the Caverns in less than 30 minutes and to the Guadalupe Mountains in an hour.

The Days Inn is not a great motel. Don't take me wrong. But for a 3 day trip to the National Parks this motel was a good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
carla s, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello I would like to thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated. We here at Days Inn are greatful to hear that your stay was comfortable. We hope that you do try and stay with us again take care.

Been to Days Inn Carlsbad? Share your experiences!