“Great Asst Manager” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Carlsbad
New York City, New York
“Great Asst Manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went down to Carlsbad NM and stayed at your hotel with my wife and 2 children as I walked inn I was greeted by the Ast. Manager April along with "welcome to days inn How may I help you" and their for we were already enjoying our hospitality then.. We went down for breakfast the next Morning and their was the Ast. Manager again working so hard to make sure everything was out along with fresh coffee and fresh food while she was assisting the Front desk and still managed to have all taken care of we have traveled too quite few hotels and this was the first one to we were very happy with our welcome. We will hope to be back next year and looking forward to visiting with the Ast. Again I just wanted to recognize how comfortable we felt and very welcome

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
carla s, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Goodmorning, I wanted to thank you first off for your feedback with us here at Days Inn we appreciate it very much. I would also like to say that we are very glad that stayed with us and enjoyed it, Yes my asst. manager is very good at herb job and I am very pleased with her. We hope that when you are down this way again that you do stay with us we would love to have you here with us again. Have a great weekend.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Oil Boom in the area has made all hotels and motels in the area very expensive (approximately, twice the usual price). Given this, this Days Inn is well run and offers the usual clean room. There is a hot breakfast: coffee, machine orange juice, cereals, milk, yogurts, hot pancakes, grocery store bagels and danishes. Nothing very fancy, but it'll keep you going for a couple of hours.

A lot of the rooms are rented to oil workers from the area. That means the parking lot is full of trucks and the workers will start leaving the hotel around 6 to 7 AM. There is also an adjacent lot with big trucks. Some noise late in the afternoon, but nothing serious.

The hotel is a bit away from the center of Carlsbad. It's on the way to the National parks. If you are looking for the better restaurants and hotels, you will have to drive east for 5' to get there.

We were visiting the two National Parks (Carlsbad Caverns & Guadalupe Mountains). Both attractions are close: we made it to the Caverns in less than 30 minutes and to the Guadalupe Mountains in an hour.

The Days Inn is not a great motel. Don't take me wrong. But for a 3 day trip to the National Parks this motel was a good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
carla s, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello I would like to thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated. We here at Days Inn are greatful to hear that your stay was comfortable. We hope that you do try and stay with us again take care.
EL PASO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Room was fine. Nothing fancy. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast area is way too small for the amount of people in there. Food kept running out. Coffee was running low. Pool was fine although you have to go outside to get to your room in the cold when you are wet. The maid was trying to come into our room at 8:30 am unannounced and my husband had to shut the door quickly. It was 10:45 am and we got a phone call from the front desk agent asking us if we were checking out today. I said yes isn't check out at 11am. Then we got another phone call at 10:52am from the front desk and we just hung up. It was obvious they were trying to get us out of there and it was very obnoxious and unprofessional. We got out of our room by 11am which is check out time. We will never stay at this property again due to the rudeness of the front desk agent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon, I would like to start off by thanking you for your feedback I would also like to apologize for any problems you may have had during your stay here with us at Days Inn. We strive here to try and make our guest as comfortable as possible, so when I read what had happened I was truly upset I am doing my best to make sure this does not happen again. Please accept my aplolgies and again I am sorry. Have a great week and take care.

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Kingwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were arriving in Carlsbad, NM in order to see Carlsbad Caverns, and to climb Guadalupe Peak.ad weather closed the roads to both places, so at about 11:00 AM we called ahead to the Days Inn and asked if they could have a room ready, with a rollout bed. We got to the hotel well before check-in time, but everything was ready for us. The hotel is not fancy, and you need to
walk outside to get to the lobby and pool, but my overall experience was good.

Room Tip: Try to get close to the office. It was freezing cold and we needed to walk outside to the office are...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
carla s, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello how are you first off I would like to thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated, We are so glad that your stay with us at Days Inn was comfortable and covienent. We hope that when your ever back out this way you choose us to stay with again. Have a great holidays and take care and God Bless.

Been to Days Inn Carlsbad? Share your experiences!