“A LOT OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK” 5 of 5 stars

Continental Inn
3820 National Parks Highway, Carlsbad, NM 88220   |
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Carlsbad
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A LOT OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We found this small motel via tripadvisor on our way in to town to see the Caverns. We didn't want anything more than a cheap overnight as we were arriving late and leaving early to visit the Caverns and then move on. There were a number of inexpensive places, but they all looked a sort of shady until we found this little place. It was clean, warm and just what we needed. We were pleasantly surprised. I am pretty sure we spent less than $50.00 I would recommend it to anyone. The manager was very pleasant, and the coffee in the morning was decent. We also stopped at Happy's restaurant for breakfast the next morning...it was adorable and the food was pretty good. All in all it was a very nice trip. The caverns were practically empty, we were so happy to have gone in Dec. They were incredible but that is for another review!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lewisville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is a total dump and the employees are the rudest, most inept hotel staff I have encountered since I stayed in Juarez, Mexico in the 70's and they couldn't speak english!
Internet access non-existent, TV was a piece of junk, room walls are paper thin and I could literally go on and on.
Just take my advice and find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: There is no way to get a good room here so this is a moot point!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I spent one week here in June 2010 for work. It's an older hotel and a bit worn, but a good value. No special amenities and certainly not 4-star quality, but acceptable and affordable. Wireless internet worked fine. "Breakfast" left much to be desired.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We went to Carlsbad Caverns and needed somewhere to stay because we were exhausted from going to the caverns and walking in the caverns. We tried Motel 6. But they had only one room. We needed two rooms because me and my sisters family were traveling together. This place had 2 rooms next to each other. So we decided to try it out. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! There were roaches and bugs in the room. The carpets were stained all over the place. The room smelled awful. The toilet did not work properly and looked dirty. What a mistake ....They charged me and my sister 80$ dollars...that is a total of 160$ for both rooms for one day... My wife's daughter could not handle the roaches. She freaked out and so we had to leave. When we asked for a refund the frond desk person refund to give us a refund and was rude to me and my family. My wife got very upset. Had to call the police because they refused to give us a refund!!! The police got involved!!! BAD customer service. The police told us it is a civil matter and they could not do anything about it. Told me had to take them to small claims court. Figures ... Had to drive home tired and sleepy... Avoid this place at all cost. You will be throwing your money away and will have a terrible experience.. There is a Super 8 Motel across the street with the same or better prices. Terrible Terrible place to stay..

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel.. It is terrible..Dont stay at this hotel ..you have been warned...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This was the worst hotel EVER. The place was filthy and infested with spiders. A huge spider crawled OUT of the bed when we pulled the sheets back. The carpets were nasty. The sheets were filled with holes. The bathroom looked like it needed to be scrubbed with clorox. Even after driving 9 hours, we decided to not stay in this ...... joint. Front desk was rude...refused to refund our $90.00 ..... that's right...... $90.00. Seriously, we went to another hotel and everyone scrubbed down as soon as we walked in door. Did not want any "bugs" coming with us. DISGUSTING PLACE.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Was passing through to go to the Carlsbad Caverns and decided to stay two nights. Room was clean and at a valuable price.

Drawbacks were as follows:

1st night was good. 2nd night a noisy family was placed next door to me which constantly slammed the door.

Front desk wasn't hospitable. My cellphone wasn't working and had 3 friends that called to talk to me on Christmas day and Christmas Eve. My friends complained to me that the front desk has an "attitude," while transferrring the call to my room.

I think that the front desk is not use to work and is use to the laid back attitude of it being slow in a slow town.

Didn't feel totally welcomed, instead felt like a nuisance to them. Clean room but not happy with the customer service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Vestal, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

As another reviewer stated, my room reeked ... it took me several hours to air it out. Other than that, I was satisified with my stay and thought it was fairly priced. You can probably do better if you're willing to spend more.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Continental Inn? Share your experiences!