“Don't be fooled by the friendliness of the owners - they are only providing HORRIBLE service with a friendly smile!!”
If you are looking for a cheap place to rest along the way, DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Please heed the warning. If you stay here, you'll be on TripAdvisor immediately trying to save humanity from this hell hole!
1. The sign out front advertises luxury. It's obviously not luxurious, and one can clearly see that from the exterior of the hotel but still...
2. The owners/managers were very friendly, so we were pleased when we were checking in. However, I believe they must be trying to divert your attention from the crappiness of the accommodations and their awful customer service. Read on for details.
3. They also advertise free wi-fi on their signage. However, they provided a non-working password. The network they provided did not exist. When I walked to the lobby for a correct network and password, they told me to get on a neighboring unsecured/unlocked network - one that evidently did not belong to the hotel and had a weak signal. The husband wouldn't even get up to assist...his wife just yelled at him from around the corner, and he yelled back. They probably got their Internet cut off and are trying to exploit their neighbors' working Internet.
4. Again, they advertise free breakfast on the sign out front. There is also a sign in the lobby advertising the same. There was no such thing. Not even free coffee.
5. We rented two double rooms because we have five children. The key would not work for one of the rooms, so all seven of us waited in one room while we walked back and forth to the lobby FIVE TIMES asking for them to fix the problem. The first time, they gave us a new key. After that key didn't work, we walked over again and they said they would send someone over. When they never showed up, we went back again, and they were like, "your rooms are connected, you should be able to get in to the other room through the room that is open." I told them we couldn't get in through the interior door until they let us in the other room to unlock it. Duh. We FINALLY got them to get their lazy butts over to the room to open the door.
6. When our 11 year old accidentally shut the interior door, thereby locking us out of the other room, they sort of got into us for making them come back to open it. They never gave us a working key. They just put the burden on us to make sure we didn't close that interior door!!
7. We had two microwaves in our room. One sat directly on the floor. Our children had a coffee maker in their room; we did not have one. Not a big deal really; I just thought it was weird.
8. When we were checking in, we indicated we were all starving and craving Mexican food reallly bad. The owner/manager recommended a Mexican restaurant right next door that he assured was the very best. We were so excited to be heading to a much anticipated Mexican meal as we walked over. It was closed, so we spent an hour driving around town looking for a place to eat. The guy failed to tell us that ALL the Mexican restaurants in Carlsbad are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Again, not a big deal, but he was about 0 for 10 right around the time we got that news, so I decided to put it up here.
Don't count on a restaurant recommendation from this place, and DEAR GOD, don't expect a good hotel experience!!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.