“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a very nice, relaxing, quaint place to eat. It is reasonably priced. The service was great and the food came out quickly. I had the veal parmesan and my wife had the combo. Plenty of food. The blue cheese dressing that came with my salad was one of the best I've tasted and I always get blue cheese dressing everywhere I eat. The rolls were very good. We went thru the first batch rather quickly. If I had to complain about anything at all, it would be that I thought the salad was a little skimpy. This is more a diner than restaurant atmosphere which was fine for us but thought I would mention it incase someone wanted to know.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Georgetown, Texas, United States
“Freshly made, satisfying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Mom and Pop trying to make it. New place. Menu had enough choices. Service was on par. Food came out fairly quickly and hot. Red sauce was a little sweet but had a good garlic taste.

Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Finally an Italian Restaurant in Carlsbad, and pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had to come by twice, due to the crowd inside. Once inside, the decor is nothing to write home about, so I won't write about it here, either. Just look at the photo I included. The service was friendly and helpful. The food was very good! Bread was served prior to dinner, with spread. I ordered a triple pasta sampler, and she got the Calamari dinner with salad. Everything tasted fresh and authentic. The calamari was not overcooked, which is all too common these days. My pasta was delicious! Three kinds: lasagna, manicotti and cannelloni. All well worth the taste. We had a very nice dinner at a reasonable price. I look forward to our next visit!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlsbad NM
“The only place for Italian in Carlsbad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Others may claim to be an Italian restaurant, but Italian Villa is the only TRUE Italian restaurant in Carlsbad. Although the ambience is lacking, after all, the building was the bus station for many years before becoming a Mexican restaurant and now an Italian, the food and staff make up for it. Recently opened, there has been a wait to be seated (because a restaurant opening in Carlsbad is a major event), but the usually short wait is worth it. The calamari was lightly crusted and quite 'render. The entree we enjoyed was the seafood combo #1 and #2. Very tasty with plenty of shrimp, clams and mussels. And the marinara sauce did not taste like it came out of a can. All in all, a very good experience. Hope the place does well for a long, long time.

• Visited March 2013