“Very clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Carlsbad
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn 3/11 - 3/13/13. Hotel was very clean. Breakfast was good & the attendant was very pleasant. The entire staff was very friendly. I did have a problem with one of my reservations, but the frost desk attendant ( Jordan? ) was very helpful with resolving my billing/points issue. The pool/hot tub could have been bigger, but that was really a non-issue. Overall, a clean hotel with a nice staff and good location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank You for staying with us and your nice comments about my staff. We try our best to take care of our customers and the property.

Thank You Again for staying with us.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grand Haven, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was fine and the room was very comfortable. Be aware that any room (apparently) on the front of the hotel is going to have road noise, and with the light outside, and trucks, you will not need an alarm clock for an early morning wake-up call. That is hardly the hotel's fault, but if you are sans earplugs OR just a light sleeper you may wish to try to get a rear facing room.
That being said, we found this hotel to be quite clean, the room was in pristine condition and the bed was quite comfortable and we slept well. 'Till six am or so! We were here several nights - here for the caverns - and would gladly stay here again. The current oil-boom issue does impact pricing (Marriott Points come in real handy here!) but that's the case for everything in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel, as mentioned.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind words about my staff and property.
We work very hard to make our guests feel welcome and I'm glad to hear you had a good time.
Thank You Again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed three nights during a trip to Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountains National Parks. I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel. It was clean and well appointed. We were given cookies and bottled water a check-in, which was a nice gesture. We did not enjoy the city of Carlsbad. It is in the midst of an oil/fracking boom, so be prepared to stay with lots of oilfield workers and pay a premium for your room. Generally, the oil workers are the most polite and respectable people in town. Just a caveat to potential Carlsbad travelers, most of the locals look like they just finished a stint in prison. I was traveling with my wife and daughter and rarely felt at ease when not in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank You for your nice comments about our property. We appreciate your staying with us and hope to see you again.

TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

You get a better deal for your money if you can drive to Roswell NM. Hotel was fair. Not worth 149.00. Room smelled like a Goodwill store. Pool and Jaccuzi Is outdoors.
Paid 85.00 a night for a fablous room in Roswell. Not the Marriott quality i am used too.

Room Tip: Top floor a must walls are thin
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't agree with our rate but Carlsbad is going through an oil boom and we stay full most every night. If you had a problem I wish you would have talked to the front desk at the time because we could have moved you to another room.
Thank You again for staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Convenience: The Fairfield Carlsbad is conveniently located at the intersection where Canal St. and US-285 meet as soon as you enter Carlsbad from the south. That means my family and I can check in and drop off our things (and/or just go to sleep depending on how late we get in) before heading straight down the road about 25 minutes to Carlsbad Caverns National Park. For breakfast, lunch, or dinner a newly-erected, well-managed IHOP is located literally steps away from the hotel.

Comfort: The hotel is newer and up-to-date, so the sleeping amenities are quite nice. The queen rooms (w/ two queens) suit my wife and I and our little ones quite nicely. The pictures on Marriott's website do it justice.

Value: For around $100/night my family of six sleeps comfortably at a conveniently-situated Marriott property and I get the Marriott Rewards points. Need I say more?

My family have stayed here twice already in the past three months on our trips through Carlsbad and to Carlsbad Caverns NP. We'll be staying here again if/when we come back through.

• Stayed November 2012
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank You so much for your nice review of our property. We work very hard to keep the property up and working with our guests. I will let my staff know what you said.

Jim
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. I am a clean freak with two kids under 5 and was very comfortable with the baby toddling around the room. The oil boom has inflated hotel rates and squeezed availability, but that's not the hotel's fault. Staff was friendly and helpful. Stay here!

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank You so very much for your kind remarks about our hotel and staff. I will let our know what you said and please come back again when your ever this way.

Austin TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on our way to a NM mountains ski trip. When leaving, I inadvertently left my daughter's iPad in the room. We did not realize it until 7 hours later in Santa Fe. We immediately called and they confirmed they had the iPad. They were so helpful in getting it shipped to a family member back in TX. They took it to the shipping vendor, ensured packing was sufficient and communicated with me every step. I so appreciate their integrity and commitment to service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank You sir for your nice words. My staff works very hard to take care of our customers.
Please remember us the next time your in Carlsbad.

James Miller

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad? Share your experiences!