“not to bad for a small town zoo” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 attractions in Carlsbad
Attraction Details
Ruidoso
7 attraction reviews
“not to bad for a small town zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a good place to kill some time but I was surprised at how skinny the deer were it honestly made me sad and I hope these animals are being treated ok. My kids loved it there but they have never been to a large zoo either. I would say if you are in Carlsbad and don't have anything else to do this isn't a waste of time. I would go back with my kids they did learn but not on the top of my list

Visited April 2012

Nashville
4 attraction reviews
“Great attraction and a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

It seemed like we had the place to ourselves a couple of weeks ago when we toured. It had good exhibits of animals and plants. My daughter (15y/o) loved the place--one of her favorite attractions throughout southern NM. The view is beautiful from here!

Visited April 2012
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
“Turtle Hatchery, Prairie Dogs, Greenhouse & more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We got in at a reduced price with coupons from our lodging. It was a pleasant couple of hours of strolling through the grounds and we learned some things we didn't know. I did feel sorry for some of the animals like the bear and big cats; I wish I knew if they were rescues that couldn't survive in the wild or if they are just captives. My views of zoos in general have changed over the years, but we really enjoyed seeing the prairie dogs and turtle hatcheries. Unlike some attractions that I would visit repeatedly (e.g. Carlsbad Caverns, City of Rocks), one visit will suffice for this one. I hope I can get my photos to upload (seems to be a problem with the website there); the views down into the valley were very nice. In fact, Carlsbad as a town exceeded my expectations. We came here for several days R & R around a wedding I officiated and the more we explored, the more we liked it.

Visited October 2011