“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Trinity Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlsbad
The Trinity Hotel
You added The Trinity Hotel to your Saves list
201 S. Canal, Carlsbad, NM 88220   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Carlsbad B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Thank you to all the previous reviewers of Trinity Hotel. We found this hotel on Tripadvisor and could not have been more pleased. Beautifully appointed and very clean, our room was comfortable and charming. We appreciated the wine fridge and the microwave, and took full advantage of the complimentary wine tasting. We loved having the best restaurant in town just steps from our room, and the food was definitely outstanding. I had the house, New Mexico-style lasagna - delicious! We're foodies...seriously, it was really good. This hotel was pricey, but worth every cent. The mattress was very comfortable, I docked the "sleep quality" score only because I failed to read the sign next to my bed about street noise so did not see the complimentary ear plugs in the bedside drawer. There is a bar next door and we were there on a Saturday night. Wish I'd had the ear plugs around 2am. We are a family of 3 and shared a king bed, worked great for us. The room was quite romantic - would recommend for romantic getaways as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Janie B, Owner at The Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed The Trinity! We hope to see you again in the very near future. thank you and many blessings,
janie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Everything about this awesome jewel is outstanding, inside and out. Not one detail was lacking, from the 6 bottle wine refrigerator to the cool grommets on the curtain loops. The rooms are sumptuous and spacious. The restaurant features the best chef in the state. All of the staff were top notch and pleasant as could be, which is probably a reflection of the owner's manner. Don't hesitate to stay here. Oh, I had to stay one night at the local Hampton Inn and Suites. It was about the same price! Stay at the Trinity Hotel. I only wish it could all be cloned and spread around some of the charm to other locales. SUPER JOB!

Room Tip: Room 206 is the bomb- 1100 sq feet of elegant luxury.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Janie B, Owner at The Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Our staff says thank you for your kind words and your great review of the hotel. We hope that sometime in the future if you decide to come back down this way that we can accommodate you once again.
Thanks, Janie Balzano
us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I can't figure out why someone would stay anywhere else in Carlsbad. We spent an evening on our way through last week. What a delight !! For less money than many of the motels listed on this site, we had a terrific experience. The room was quaint, spacious and VERY comfortable. Furnishings were very nice as were the amenities. Little things matter and they weren't forgotten here. Staff was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant was significantly above average. This is as much of a no brainer as I can recall in a long, long time.

Room Tip: We spent an extra $10 and stayed in Room 201. It was very large and separated from the hallway by a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Citrus County, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My first business trip in years - and my sales rep suggested that rather than staying at a chain that I stay at The Trinity. Great choice. I was traveling with a lot of materials so getting my things up and down the stairs (when basically live in a world with no stairs at home) was a bit of a challenge. But I was offered help and quite graciously took it!
The room (including bathroom) was comfortably appointed. I loved the history of the building.
Wine tasting at the end of a long day was lovely. And how nice to wake up to a hot espresso and pastry before heading out to my meetings.
I guess I should review my dinner experience separately. But suffice to say, it was excellent as well.

Room Tip: I am glad I got my upstairs room. While looking for the outside entrance to the stairway, I knocked...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Janie B, Owner at The Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to come back, because we would love to have you. Thank you for taking the time to post about us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Many blessings,
janie
North Myrtle Beach, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I spent two delightful nights here last week and found it to be very nice. The room we stayed in (205) was quiet and nicely appointed. Very comfortable beds, nice linens, great bathroom and easy access from the back stairwell. All staff we encountered we very pleasant. I am a history buff so truly enjoyed staying in a building constructed in 1892. The restoration is lovely. Complimentary pastries (delicious) and coffee in the morning were exceptional taste treats. Two minor annoyances were the tight parking lot and no adjusting of the a/c. The room was a little cold for me but my wife, of course, loved it. As I said, minor issues. When in the area again we will stay at the Trinity.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Loved this boutique hotel. Extremely clean and well appointed. Gorgeous, huge bathroom, with travertine tile, spacious shower, very tall ceilings. I wish I could have stayed longer than one night. For breakfast, you go downstairs to their restaurant. They serve any kind of coffee you like (cappacino, latte, etc) and a selection of yummy fresh pastries, scones, muffins. This place is a jewel in the desert.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
albuquerque nm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

You will love sleeping at the Trinity Hotel in Carlsbad, NM! You will also love the complimentary wine tasting at the bar and the delicious food at the restaurant. Such a beautiful night's sleep. Such a huge bathroom and a lovely shower, too....try it , you'll see. While you're there, please check out the amazing canyons in your search for Sitting Bull Falls. Wow!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Trinity Hotel? Share your experiences!