“Fun Place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 Attractions in Flat Rock
Type: Forests, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Specialty Shops, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Pick-your-own apple orchard offers family-fun activities including apple and cider tastings, hayrides and a nature walk through a "bamboo" forest.
GA
12 attraction reviews
“Fun Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great place and a lot of fun. Beautiful setting on top of the mountain. They had many varieties of apples, which you could taste before buying. Go on their web site for directions to put in your GPS

Greenville, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great family place. Worth the trip JUST for the donuts.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was a little torn between giving this place 3 stars or 4. We've been coming to Sky Top for years and this year has probably been the worst with the crowds and slim pickings for picking apples. I think it's probably best to take a day during the week or call ahead and see which days are booked with schools to avoid the crowd (if that's even possible.) Make sure you bring wipes or a roll of TP for the bathrooms and hand sanitizer.

They have a playground, petting zoo where you can feed the animals, mini bamboo trail, hay rides and of course the apple picking. They do samples of the apples and probably the best thing ever are those amazingly warm and HOMEMADE right infront of you donuts. IF HEAVEN HAD A FLAVOR APPLE CIDER DONUTS WOULD BE IT. Seriously. The line was the worst thing ever. My in laws waited 40 mins in line (God bless them) for them while we picked apples. But I would've waited in line for them myself. Beautiful scenery. Great place to take pictures. Despite this year's crowd we will def continue or yearly tradition of hitting this place up... maybe we'll go on the weekdays though. :)

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was crowded but everything went smooth. Their were many families there enjoying themselves. Lines were long for Apple Cider Doughnut and Apple Cider Slushies but there were worth the wait. It was a large farm a lot of walking people with walking problems will have problems in the orchard.

6 attraction reviews
“Lots for Younger Kids to Do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a really nice apple orchard that entertained our two little ones for hours...mission accomplished. Beautiful views, tractor ride, feed the goats and ducks, pick some apples (or just hang out at the tasting station), definitely have some cider donuts, then let the kids have at it in the play areas. Yes, it can get crowded, but just slow down and enjoy the atmosphere.

4 attraction reviews
“It's...ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I won't say it's bad but I won't say it's "the place" to go. Parking is a nightmare on the weekends but weekdays seem to be a bit better. During the week however, you're competing with school field trips for picnic table and play equipment space, not to mention school busses blocking driveways and paths. Portable toilets are in odd places (near parking and tucked into rows Of apple trees) and are disgusting. I wouldn't use it myself, nor would I allow my daughter to. (It was a sad day for my toddler who is toilet trained to have to use her pull-up, as she knew that wasn't "right"). The prices on the pre-picked apples aren't anything exciting. I can purchase them cheaper at a supermarket or the local farm stand. To pick your own is ninety cents per pound, but if you pick at the right time, two apples make up one pound. Again, cheaper at the farm stand. The apple cider donuts are delicious when warm; IF you're willing to wait in line twenty minutes for them. I understand they make them fresh but only one window open for sales of over 200 visitors at one time is ridiculous. They do not accept debit cards which is frustrating, especially with the low fees that banks charge these days. Technology as well as indoor plumbing has advanced quite a bit and it would be nice if they caught up. (There is an ATM on site if you're willing to pay the four dollars of combined fees to withdraw) Our toddler enjoyed looking at the chickens and goats and peacocks but I am unclear as to why they are there. There is no cheese boasting 'goat cheese' nor eggs sold, so why put farm animals in the middle of an apple orchard in small cages? Our daughter also enjoyed the bamboo 'forest' but we can find things like that closer to home. The pumpkin selection was no better than a local supermarket but they did have a wonderful selection of preserves, honey and delicious apple cider. Lines were long, but we didn't encounter rude staff.

All in all it was a good place to stop on our way home from Asheville but I think next year we will visit Hendersonville.