“Wonderful Entertainment” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Flat Rock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular theater in the town.
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Been here a few times....never been disappointed in the plays and the acting...A "must" place to go to.....

Visited May 2014

Savannah, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been to the Flat Rock Playhouse many times and look forward to going back again soon.
The location of the Flat Rock Play House is very beautiful. It is located in a scenic historical town and the drive in from South Carolina was beautiful.
The productions are excellent and there are no bad seats.
Staffed with professionals who care about their guests.
I would highly recommend putting this on your agenda as a part of your vacation in North Carolina.

Visited May 2014
24 attraction reviews
“Above our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went to see Les Miserable. It is the only time we have been to the Flat Rock Playhouse and we weren't sure what to expect because Les Mis is a complicated show with tough songs. The staging was well done and cast did well. We will return.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
34 attraction reviews
“Plays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

dress comfortable, located downtown main and old flatrock. wednesday buy one get one free tickets. i prefer downtown because play is in the round. in barn i cannot hear near back. both have candy bars/drinks so eat prior. great for the older crowd. two shows a day, 3 pm and nite i believe

Visited February 2014
7 attraction reviews
“Not worth it--parking is awful, ushers strict, too expensive.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

After parking in the most ridiculous parking lot I have EVER seen in my life (I'm 34 and have lived in Atlanta, DC, Boston and other such crowded, traffic-filled places), we eventually made our way to our seats after the clueless usher directed us to the wrong side of the theatre. I then snapped two photos of the cute set of "A Christmas Story" (this was a good 15 minutes before the start time of the show) and an incredibly harsh, unsmiling, MEAN man came up to and said, "All photography is strictly prohibited. I need to stay here and watch you delete the photos." So I did and he retreated from his battle position. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind this draconian practice, nor why there are absolutely NO visible signs upon entry stating this fact. If it is so important to not take a photo of an empty set then perhaps there should be signage stating this fact. I'm a total rule-follower and the fact that I was treated like a criminal for taking a photo of an empty set when I was never told not to do so ensures I will NEVER set foot in this place again. Also, way over-priced. I've paid a tiny fraction of the price to see excellent theatre in places like Atlanta and DC where they have sufficient parking that doesn't require waiting for the people around you to leave and being boxed in. I live in Flat Rock now, but I won't be taking any of my out-of-town guests here.

Visited December 2013