“A Visit to the Past!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Attractions in Flat Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular theater in the town.
Aiken, South Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“A Visit to the Past!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

53 years ago as a bride, my husband and I honeymooned in Hendersonville, NC and came to Flat Rock Playhouse. He decided to bring me back this year to see if it was just as good. The play we saw this time was "Deathtrap". It was a delightful play and done so professionally. In those 53yrs.,we have attended plays in NYC, and London, but none that we have enjoyed anymore than at Flat Rock Playhouse.

Anderson, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
“Professional theatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited matinee August 2013 for Deathtrap. Lovely surroundings, Comfortable seating, a little more elbow room than some theatres. Very professional production in terms of actors, set design, lighting and sound effects. Sound system very clear but a little distracting. While your attention is on center stage, dialogue from miked actors comes thru speakers placed high at either side of the stage - so a little disconnect between eye and ear. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I drove 60 miles for this performance and will definitely do it again.

Marietta
7 attraction reviews
“A surpise in the hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Most theater lovers don't expect the quality that you get at Flat Rock. Most don't know that the acting/singing talent comes from the finest troupes in the USA. We have been there several times and are always delighted at the performances. Le Miz was one of the best productions we have ever seen..ANYWHERE. Keep up the good work Flat Rock

South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
“What an awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Saw les mis with family and out of state guest and the performance was wonderful...wanted to throw out my DVD of the movies....you can't compare to the live stage performance....we saw the 2pm Wednesday show and wanted to turn around and see the 8 pm performance we loved it so much. The staff at the playhouse were very helpful and made it very enjoyable. The playhouse was very quaint and can't say enough good things...thank you again

NC
9 attraction reviews
“A Gem in the Mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Whenever I visit the NC mountains, I check to see what is in Flat Rock Playhouse. This past week we were happy to experience "Les Miserables". Having seen the production in other venues, I couldn’t imagine how they could do the show justice on such a small stage, but the play and set changes were masterful.

My one complaint, but not one for only the Flat Rock Playhouse, is the sound level. When I was in my 20’s, I enjoyed music that blasted. I am no longer 20-something and don’t enjoy having to bring earplugs to dampen the sound to an acceptable level.

Aside for that issue, if you are in the Flat Rock area, check out performances. There isn’t a bad seat in the house (there are only about 500 of them). You won’t be disappointed.