“OUTSTADING VALUE!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock

You added Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   111 Commercial Boulevard, I-26 at Upward Road, Flat Rock, NC 28731   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Flat Rock
north carolina
“OUTSTADING VALUE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I just returned from trip to moutains. I stayed here one night for the sole purpose of going to the Flat Rock Playhouse. I usually stay in Asheville. I have to say that like other Holiday Inn Express's I had no complants. I have found that all the Holiday Inn Express hotels are consistenatly good chains. There are some Holiday Inn's that I do not care for but the expresses are the best! I got a clean room, comfotable bed, great smiling friendly faces and those wonderful cinamon rolls all for $70 bucks. WOW! Good job Holiday Inn Express. I normally stay in Asheville at the other express which is great as well but for about 40 dollars less got this one. Great Job keep up the excellent service!! I definitely plan to keep this one on my list of hotels that I will stay at.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Whiteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We knew that we would be leaving late for our vacation so I made reservation at the Holiday Inn Express so that we would be closer to our destination the following day. What a nice surprise! The Frontdesk clerk was super nice. The rooms were VERY clean, comfortable, and updated. This is by far the nicest Hotel that I have ever stayed in. I would totally reccommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We spent two nights here in late October. The staff at the front desk was friendly. Overall hotel is small and clean. Our room was located on the 2nd floor immediately adjacent to the elevator. Both my husband & I were a bit concerned about the proximity to the elevator, but it was not a problem. The room was very quiet and we rarely heard other guests. Our room was large and clean minus small details in the bathroom. The shower could have used a bit more scrubbing of the walls and there was some mold growing on the shower curtain.

It was evident this hotel has been remodeled as part of Holiday Inn's new look. The bedding and furniture were updated and modern. The only spots lacking were the worn carpet, the side chair with a hole in the upholstery, and the very hard mattress.

Breakfast is served daily in a room off the lobby. There is limited seating. The selection was very reasonable - hot foods such as eggs and sausage (although I found the eggs very salty), cereals, yogurt, assorted pastries, juices and coffee. Also available were their "famous" cinnamon rolls but I don't quite get the fuss. They were good but a bit dry.

Other amenities included a business center (ie, computer & printer tucked into a corner by the breakfast room) and an indoor pool. We did not use either of these.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

A small group of my friends and I were touring the area and decided to "base" here. The room I stayed in was very clean, the beds were comfortable (with 4 pillows each - even a choice of pillow firmness!), and there were plenty of outlets for all my electronics to recharge. The bathroom was clean and well appointed.
Breakfast was included, and offered a decent selection, including eggs, bacon, and sausage in addition to the usual pastries and cerial.
But what stood out here was the staff. I don't think i ever passed the front desk without someone asking me how I was, or whether I needed anything. We were there 4 nights, and by only the second the housekeeper had noted (and confirmed with us) our usual departure time so she could avoid knocking on our door while we were still getting ready to go. And on our day of final departure, we had already loaded up, had engines running, and were about to leave when she came running out of the hotel with a computer charging cord in hand that turned out to be one of mine - and a difficult one to replace, too! She could have just turned it into the front desk at shift's end, but her choice to try to catch us was indicitive of the whole facility's attitude throughout the time we were there.
If I'm in the area again, this is where I'll be staying.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This facility looks as if it were just built and yet it is 10+ years old. When I asked the desk clerk when they renovated, he said they have never renovated as such; that they have simply stayed on top of maintenance from day one. The beds were the best I have ever slept in any motel regardless of price. I should have checked to see what brand the bed was! Breakfast included eggs, sausage or bacon and various juices in addition to the usual cereals, bagels, etc.

All in all, the stay at this facility was exceptionally nice. The facility was great, the staff was friendly and very helpful and all of the amenities were there and right! My hat's off to whoever is driving this place's excellence!

Vic

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

6 of us used this hotel as our base camp for a 5 day motorcycle trip. The hotel has a great location to all the beautiful roads in the Carolinas. As many of us riders don’t really like to drink and ride, it is also very nice to have Cracker Barrel right next to the hotel as well as a pizza place in walking distance. Also the gas station is just next to the hotel.
The front desk and housekeeping staff was very personable and nice. Bobbie at the front desk took great care of us but so did a lady in housekeeping…I never got her name but she had a smile on her face every day. The Express breakfast is always great and a fantastic value add for the price…looooove the cinnamon roles.

Saluda, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Our room was large and inviting! But the bathroom was small and there was alot of hair on the bathroom floor and even some in the shower. The bed was like sleeping on a rock! Needless to say we didn't get very much sleep!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock? Share your experiences!