“Ok stop, but could have been better.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock

You added Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   111 Commercial Boulevard, I-26 at Upward Road, Flat Rock, NC 28731   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Flat Rock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Ok stop, but could have been better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on our way up to Michigan on our yearly family trip. My husband and our 3 kiddos! We stayed two night, we were pre-booked prior to our trip so we could explore the waterfalls! Hotel was in a great location. Upon arrival we were very excited, but when we walked into our room it was like walking into a bar filled with smoke, we immediately returned to the desk! Our second room was also smoked in, but not nearly as bad! For being a smoke free hotel, it wasn't! Breakfast was ok, nothing fantastic, coffee was good. Our room was cleaned on our second day and the maid took our daughters $2 she had on the dresser, very concerning seeing as our belongings are way more valuable than that! We got $2 from the front desk, but more the principle of the matter!! We didn't get comp or apology! The pool was pretty chilly. Location was really the best part of the hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear BobbieSue K,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted about your positive comments with our location. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations with the room accommodation and the service you received. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We value your comments and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bradford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My flight was delayed and I didn't get to CLT until 10pm and into Flat Rock after midnight. David the night employee at the desk was efficient, friendly, and quick to offer snacks. Definitely made me happy to choose HIE again. Room was clean and AC worked very well. Quiet night was what I needed. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Montville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried this hotel while on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised as I had a negative preconceived notion of what a Holiday Inn was going to be like. Greeted by professional staff. Stayed in a queen double room on first floor. Rooms were very clean , well stocked and modern.More modern than in more "upscale" chains that I have stayed in. I liked how the pillows were labeled soft and firm. The only minor change that should be considered is to upgrade the mattress, it wasn't totally uncomfortable, but could have been better. Bathroom was clean and fully stocked. Liked the Bath and Body Works products. Breakfast had the usual variety and was ok. Area was well kept and stocked. There was a computer and printer in the just outside the lobby area. Did not try the pool. Grounds were well kept. There is a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot as well as a Mcdonalds. Close to gas stations and easy on/off the highway. Had a good experience at this hotel and will now try Holiday inn Express on more trips. Good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013
conway, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it did not accept pets. Very difficult to find these days. My husband is allergic to cats. The room and motel were both extremely clean. We were traveling
back to Myrtle Beach area. The breakfast provided was very good. Staff so friendly and helpful.
We ate at a Cracker Barrel, located just across from the hotel. I would recommend this hotel. as clean is our priority.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend anything. We were on the 2nd floor. The room was extremely clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I think I had stayed in an older Holiday Inn several years ago and was left with a not-so-good impression. When I checked into this Holiday Inn to save a little money on this trip, I was pleasantly surprised. The bed was comfortable the pillows were great (it was nice to have a firm and soft options, they even label them on the edge of the pillowcase) and the room was very clean. The breakfast was a step up from the stale pastries and coffee you used to get. The "omlettes" are those prepackaged things I've seen at my son's school for hot lunch, so I recommend going out for breakfast. IHop & Waffle House are just up the highway a bit. Overall, the value is decent. They said were remodeling the pool so I did not see it or test it out. It would have been nice for them to mention it when I booked my room, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me since I was out and about the majority of time I was in NC.

Room Tip: There are only two floors. I stayed in the room above the lobby, a non-smoking King, accross from th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Kayakgirl27,

Orando A.
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay, plenty of parking for a semi behind bldg. cracker barrel next door...lady at check in was very freindly and helpful,good price,clean room,comfy bed water pressure not best but nice hot water..ac-htr was quiet..this is an older place but it is well kept and clean..i read a few of the reviews on this place that werent the best but I found no issues at all ..the next time Im in the area I will stay again..

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The single reason I chose this Holiday Inn for my stay was their indoor pool. I wanted a place my daughter could swim and get some exercise after being in the car all day. This was a big mistake.

There is absolutely no way this pool is heated. The water was absolutely freezing. Picture a bath tub filled with water and then just left there for days. You know how cold that water gets? That's exactly what this water was. Kids left the pool after about 10 minutes with shivering teeth and purple lips. Adults took one feel and didn't get in. Not to mention the fact that the water was so murky you couldn't see your own feet at the bottom of a 3' deep pool.

When I told the service desk about the water being cold, they couldn't have cared less. I was told there was nothing they could do about it on the weekend. Their pool service people wouldn't come out during the weekend. Yeah... why would a hotel want service for their busiest time of the week?

A bit dispointment as I could have stayed at other places nearby that were less money. This was my first ever stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Chris_Marcy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pool. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville Flat Rock? Share your experiences!