“The best meals in Utah” 5 of 5 stars

435-425-3070
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Diablo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Torrey
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Owls Head, Maine
“The best meals in Utah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We arrived in Torrey mid-afternoon, hungry and looking for a delicious, healthy lunch. Our Moon Handbook suggested Cafe Diablo so off we went. The three of us had wonderful meals including the Chicken Barbacoa salad and Cuban sandwich. The home made iced tea was fabulous too! We enjoyed our lunch so much that we returned for a light dinner (salad/apps) and dessert. Wow! All were excellent and beautifully presented. Service was very good as well. This was our favorite restaurant during out 10 day trip in Wyoming and Utah.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City, Utah
“We hoped for more with less”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Some of this might be our fault, maybe we ordered poorly. They really had limited options on the menu that interested me. I was looking for a nice clean steak or something similar.

They were out of the wine my wife ordered, waiter was unable to help with a substitute. Seemed like they were trying to be high-end without having a chef to pull it off. My wife was so excited to try the Poblano pepper but never found the quinoa, she felt like it was a pepper stuffed with zucchini. I ordered chicken with garlic mashed potatoes because I thought it was the safest choice on the menu. I was hungry and wanted something filling. I was surprised by the chicken smothered in Smuckers apricot marmalade. After trying to rid the jam from my chicken and potatoes unsuccessfully, I stopped at the gas station to grab beef jerky and was totally happy with that choice. On the plus side my wife enjoyed the watermelon and arugula salad but that's probably not enough to bring us back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“A quick bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

After a long day hiking the river in Zion we just wanted some where with good food and not worry how we were dressed. The food was great recommend the tuna. The home made desert looked super but we never had it as we were full! Those that did at other tables were very satisified.

Visited May 2014
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The menu was unique and the food was excellent. Service was very good also. Prices were reasonable for a remote location.

Visited April 2014
new york city,ny
“Amazing place in tiny town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

it is surprising to find a place this good in such a small town. Excellent food and service,great choices,nice setting,couldn't be better. We hear it is very busy in season so one must reserve. We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cafe Diablo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cafe Diablo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.