When we walked in, our 9yo decided that he really liked the hotel and wanted to stay longer than one night. It was day 5 of our vacation and our third lodging. I guess that means that the lobby leaves a good impression.
We arrived in Torrey earlier than expected and stopped in to see if we could do an early check in. Delila said that she thought our room was just cleaned and would check. It was and we were able to unwind in our room after a long drive from Tropic before heading to Capitol Reef which is only ~10-15 minutes away.
Some features of the hotel/rooms:
• Plenty of free parking
• Super great rates: I couldn't remember what rates we booked from one lodging to another. When we paid upon arriving, I was happily surprised at the low AAA rate.
• Room amenities: Flat screen TV with Dish (or DirecTV?), refrigerator (microwave available in breakfast dining area), nice view of a horse pasture.
• Computer: I noticed a desk with computer
• Free wi-fi: no password needed
Pool: The pool is open until 10pm (can't remember if it opens at 10am?). Use your room key to access. Plenty of towels available. Shallow end is 3 feet, deep end is 5 feet. There's a hot tub right next to it.
• Laundry: I didn't notice restricted hours for the laundry. It's on the far end of the hall near the pool and restrooms. There is a room somewhat across from it that appeared to be for staff. It cost $1.75 for wash and $1.25 for dry and was very handy after five days of hikes and excursions.
Breakfast: There is a complimentary breakfast which includes scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle maker, cereal, oatmeal, breads, coffee, juice. I've probably missed something but that covers the major items.
There are other hotels a little closer to Capitol Reef but we would probably stay here again. Red Sands Hotel has everything we needed. It's in a good location near shops in town and places to eat.
- Also Known As:
- Red Sands Hotel Torrey, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Red Sands Hotel Capitol Reef your gateway to adventure in one of southern Utah's most beautiful national parks. Red Sands Hotel's clean rooms, new plush beds, flat screen TV's and refreshing pool make it the perfect home base. Start your day with a buffet-style hot breakfast including scrambled eggs or omelets,(selections rotated daily for variety) sausage, waffles, cereals, yogurt, fresh bagels & breads, seasonal fruit, juices and milk. Of course we serve coffee and tea 24/7 at Red Sands Hotel for your convenience. After an exciting day of hiking through red rock, biking on endless trails, and discovering the beauty of Capitol Reef, relax at Red Sands Hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Red Sands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.