I rate it excellent and write such a strange title... because this place is very special to me. The red rock surroundings are breathtaking and mesmerizing... and the view is excellent from this location outside of the small town of Torrey. This last visit (I've been here three times), in March, was kind of cut short because of a storm coming in... and while Chris, the manager, upgraded me to having breakfast, I could not stop to eat.
Perhaps that might be my only complaint about this special 'resort'... it's wonderful if you don't have to get out early in the morning and can sit and enjoy the view out the restaurant's windows and a breakfast you have to order and eat there; but if you have to get out and are 'on a roll'... a breakfast buffet is much preferable, with food you can grab and get going. So this negative for me only applies when you're not staying beyond breakfast. Just had a 'too late now' thought... and I guess I'd have to ask the motel, but perhaps there might be a 'bagged' breakfast for situations like this???? Wouldn't a breakfast burrito be perfect for that! Just an idea for the motel... don't go there thinking they do have it.
Because I'm not a summer person, and arrived earlier than their busy season... I did/could not take advantage of their pool and tennis court, and perhaps other things they provide as a resort. But everyone is so nice and helpful, and the rooms have such great views...some better than others. So just check it all out.... and see suggestion below.
THIS IS NOT A PAID PROMOTION!!!....As a member of the Best Western rewards (and two other chain memberships), I urge travelers to join motel chain memberships; it helps them as you choose them, but it also helps you because you can get benefits (free nights or gift cards, etc -- as there are times of special promotions and they'll email you about them). Also, going to the actual chain's website, there are often several kinds of discounts you can take advantage of.... and much info about amenities and photos.
Anyway, that is one reason why I first came here and have returned. I'm so thankful that the memories are so vivid inside my mind!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Capitol Reef Hotel
- Best Western Capitol Reef Hotel Torrey
- Best Western Torrey
- Torrey Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Capitol Reef Resort Torrey, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Capitol Reef Resort, the closest hotel to Capitol Reef National Park, is located just off Highway 12 on Highway 24 in Torrey Utah, Hickman's Bridge, and the Prehistoric Petroglyphs. Close to the Grand Staircase National Park, Fishlake National Forest, as well as Anasazi State Park and Goblin Valley State Park. The BEST WESTERN Capitol Reef Resort offers spaciously-appointed guest rooms and suites, each equipped with cable satellite television with Starz and Encore. Free high-speed Internet access. Guests will enjoy beautiful red rock views while dining at the hotel's onsite restaurant. This Utah hotel's additional amenities include an outdoor heated swimming pool and hot tub, limited business services and conference facilities. Pets are welcome in pet friendly rooms at no additional charge. If you love the outdoors, there is no end to the sites at Capitol Reef National Park. Hikers will enjoy viewing Hickman Bridge, Petroglyphs, Sunset Point, Hamburger Rocks, Capitol Gorge, Falls at Gooseneck, numerous slot canyons, Golden Throne, Cassidy Arch, and Chimney Rock. This is just the beginning, as we have numerous parks around us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Best Western, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Capitol Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.