“Best ever She Crab Soup, great local NC beer selection on tap” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
South Carolina
“Best ever She Crab Soup, great local NC beer selection on tap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I visited Ortegaz (after reading online reviews) and were pleased with our experience. We were looking for drinks and appetizers and were very impressed. The bar offered a great selection of local NC brews. My husband and I both love She Crab Soup and usually try it wherever we can. We both agreed that Ortegaz had the best She Crab Soup (with large lumps of crab meat) that we had ever tasted! The pork nachos were also great, and plenty enough to share.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I just finished lunch here. To preface, I'm not really a seafood-eater. However, I chose to try the fish tacos and man am I glad I did. The fish was so fresh and tasty. My dining partner had a side order of sweet potato wedges that were amazing as well. Definitely will return!

Richmond, Virginia
“Fan-freaking-tastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The fish tacos!!! Fish fresh, straight from the boat in Wanchese! And it tastes that fresh! The Chips and Salsa was great! These guys know how to feed hungry crowd! Thank you Marcelo and Lisa!!! Try the beer.. Lots of local selections!

“Always damn Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Always great...Never had a bad meal here..Been here at least a dozen times..Never had a reason to complain...

Coldwater, Michigan
“My wife and I were pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were driving around the town of Manteo, NC. Working the steering wheel was working up my appetite. We both had a hankering for Mexican food, so I physically punched it into the GPS. One name came up. My spousal unit looked it up online and it appeared to get good reviews, so we decided to give it a shot.
Kind of an unassuming and unpretentious front. Not really something that would draw you in as you drive by, but that is the beauty of the internet.
Since my belly was hitting my backbone, we made a quick entry. They don't appear to have a real parking lot so we just did a quick suicide move along the street.
Upon entry, we were warmly greeted by a young girl with no visible tattoos or piercings and we were led to our table. The atmosphere was pleasing. Nice decor. Lots of wood, as it should be.
Our waiter was very nice.
When the meals came, my wife and myself took phone pics of the meals. Mine was piled so high that I I visioned 2-3 meals out of it.
Everything was very good, the waiter could not have been better, and we left as two very satisfied customers.
If this place wasn't over 800 miles from our home, I would consider this to be our new "eatery".

Visited January 2014