“Country Girl----Will Never Go Again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 21 Activities in Manteo
Type: Tours, Adventure
Fort Lee, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Country Girl----Will Never Go Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I went on the all day fishing trip yesterday. I was really looking forward to a great day of fishing, and what I got was a day of total sea-sickness. Every single person on the boat spent the day throwing up and pretty much miserable. I was only able to catch 2 fish because I was too sick to function. What was really sad, were the guys who had brought their sons, they were in such bad shape. I was so greatful I decided not to bring my children. I have never been sea sick before in my life, and I am a 38 yr old Army soldier. I just feel that we should have been warned that sea sickness is a huge possibility, the crew didn't seem worried about anyone's health, considering it was impossible to stay hydrated. There is also an almost 2 hour ride to get to the fishing site, so the actual fishing time is less than you might expect. It was not the experience I was looking for, but was a good learning lesson.

Visited August 2011

West Blocton, AL
“The Deckhand told us we would not catch enough fish for dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We took a group of 12 people ranging from 16 to 50 to the OBX. We went fishing on the
Crystal Dawn. After traveling for 45 minutes, one of the deckhands was giving instructions on using the fishing reels, He told everyone ' if you are planning on eating fish for dinner you will not be catching them here". We never fished in water deeper than twenty feet. Our group caught only one fish over six inches long, it was approximately ten inches long. It was the worst excuse for a fishing trip that I have ever been on.

Visited July 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“GREAT TIME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I am from Baltimore, MD and I took a ride on the Crystal Dawn recently and I absolutely loved this funfilled day. The Captain and his Mate were the reason this trip was so much fun and memorable. peace and love, Trish

New York City, New York
“Boring trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We went out on the morning fishing trip, it was quite disappointing. Out of almost 50 people on the boat, only 1 person caught a small fish to take home; everyone else got these tiny fish that had to be thrown back in the water. It takes almost an hour to the channels and the captain keeps moving the boat to various spots, still no fish was bitting. We went to various spots for like 10 -15 mins each, no much action anywhere. It was disappointing. Will not do this again.

Hannibal, Ohio
“Country Girl fishing time slightly misleading.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

A friend and I went out on the Country Girl on 6-10-09 and absolutely enjoyed the fishing trip. The only thing that customers should be aware of is while you are told that on a 7:00-4:30 full day fishing trip you can expect approximately 5 and 1/2 hours of fishing time, only one side of the boat fishes at a time. Obviously this is to try to reduce tangled lines under the boat, but this is the first headboat I have been on where this was the case. Overall we would recommend the Country Girl, but be advised that the fishing time is not what you are told at the beginning.